Chapter 13: Too Many Gilberts(Edited)

January 29, 2010

Two weeks had passed since Danny had slaughtered most of the tomb vampires. Luckily, they seemed to have learned that the Salvatores were not a family to be trifled with- unless they wanted their insides on their outsides. Danny was simultaneously relieved and frustrated at this. His relief stemmed from the fact that his brothers were now safe, his frustration was more so directed toward the fact that he hadn't had any action since then. Sure, he had had various offers from the Winchesters and other hunters, but he couldn't accept them. He could feel that his plan would be nearing its end, soon Katherine would be back in Mystic Falls, and he didn't want to miss it.

Besides, even if that were not the case, he couldn't leave Stefan to deal with his detox with no one but Damon for company. Much as he loved both of his brothers dearly, he could always sense the animosity and distaste they felt towards one another, which he blamed Katherine for, naturally. It was because of this that Danny didn't trust Damon to not taunt and goad Stefan into drinking human blood. Normally, Danny would be on the side of the middle Salvatore, but with Katherine practically in his grasp, he couldn't afford to split his attention toward stopping his youngest brother from becoming a ripper again.

Speaking of his brothers, he could hear the loud music from Stefan's room practically leaking through the walls of the house, prompting Danny to shove his face further into his warm pillow. A few minutes passed before the music stopped and he could hear the voices of his brothers, which he forced himself not to listen to. He distantly heard the doorbell ring, causing him to pull the covers over his head. Fourteen days in a row. Can't you give it a rest already? He heard the front door open, Damon responding to whoever was there before it closed and there was silence once more. It didn't last long, however, as he heard the door to his room open and felt the bed sink on the left side.

"Unless you're a hot blonde or Castiel, get off my bed," Danny grumbled into his pillow.

"Who's Castiel?" came Damon's amused voice.

"Angel of the Lord."

"No, seriously, who is that?" Damon asked after a small chuckle.

Danny turned his head to face his brother before responding with, "He's an angel of the lord. A really hot angel of the lord."

"You're joking."

"Nope. Satan is also a thing. He wants my body," Danny replied with a shrug, sitting up.

"...Are you gay?"

"That's all you got from that? I just told you the fucking Devil exists, and you ask me about my sexual orientation?" Danny smirked in amusement.

"I didn't hear a 'no'," Damon snickered.

There was a pause, then "Is there something you wanted?"

"Oh yeah, there's a family council thing today. You coming?" Damon responded, letting the previous subject drop for the time being.

Danny took a moment to consider this. Previously, he had let Damon handle everything at the council meetings- he just couldn't be bothered to attend them himself. Having to associate with humans he didn't care for was a little too boring and tedious in his opinion. Besides, Damon usually kept him up to speed on what was going on-eliminating the need for him to be there at all. However, given the large amount of boredom that was currently consuming him lately, perhaps he should consider attending this time. Plus, I should probably be there in case the tomb vampires get brought up- or the theft of any blood bags Stefan might've taken.