CHAPTER ONE

When I saw him, I thought he was the perfect definition of a Bad Boy. He had the look. He was quiet, wore a lot of black, had tattoos, smoked. He even wore a leather jacket. Every girl wanted him. Well, every girl except me.

People thought I was crazy when they found out I didn't like him. I wasn't crazy, I was smart. He didn't look like the type your parents would want for you to bring into the family.

I know I shouldn't be judging a book by its cover, but the way he acts, so arrogant and Royal-ish, it's so annoying. He's like the typical jerk that every cheerleader would want.

And I have no idea why.

···

"...and then she told me that my grade wasn't high enough for me to sign up for the science fair. What the heck does that mean? I've got a flippin' ninety-five in her class!" My friend James exclaimed with an annoyed look on his face. I smiled at him as I ate more of my lunch.

"Maybe she just doesn't want you in it. You know that teacher hates you for some reason." I say and Emma nods from across the table, swallowing her soda quickly to add in.

"And besides, its not like you need the extra grade. You can bring that ninety-five up real quick." She says, shrugging her shoulders. "Less money out of your pocket."

Then it's my turn to nod.

James exhales and shoves some pizza in his mouth. "Sure. Whatever. I don't even care anymore.." He pouts, resting his head in his other hand, leaning on the table.

Suddenly, the entire cafeteria's chatter settles down to a low murmur.

James, Emma and I all turn our heads to see who it is that has walked into the lunch room. And when I see him, with his guarded hazel eyes, I roll my own. Everyone in the room now has their eyes glued to him as if he's some type of God as he strides through the rows of tables to get his lunch. A few cheerleaders that walked in with him follow right after, like lost puppies, getting their lunch and giggling to each other each time their eyes land on him.

"There's nothing special about him." I say to Emma and James when I turn back around to finish my lunch. Emma shrugs her shoulders as James continues to stare at him.

The look in James' eyes is all to familiar.

"What?" I ask him, shoving his elbow off the table. He jerks his body back straight, rolling his eyes at me.

"Nothing." He shakes his head.

Emma and I share a look. "What's on your mind buddy?" Emma asked him, scooting closer and wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

Slowly, the cafeteria's noise started back up as Zayn, the most popular boy in school, sat down two tables
down, across from us.

James sighed. "Don't you guys ever think about what it's like to be...be like him?" James asked, his eyes leaving the cheerleaders who were just sitting down beside Zayn.

I cross my arms over my chest and lean up on the table. I bit my bottom lip softly as I think about his question.

Of course, everyone has, thought about life as the Top Dog of the school, but it's a bit unrealistic. Unless you're rich, you won't stand a chance. Besides, it's all a front.

I bet Zayn's a troubled kid.

Emma lays her head on James' other shoulder. "Well...yeah. But we all know it's not gonna happen. It's very unlikely someone like ourselves would get to Zayn's level." She glanced at me and I nodded.

"Besides, like I said, he's nothing special. I'd rather be a nobody and still be myself than be a somebody and have to pretend to be somebody I'm not." I shrugged my shoulders, reaching for a paper towel to toy around with until the lunch bell.

James nods his head slightly. "You're right."

"Aren't I always."

·····
*a/n

Chapter one of the remake of Cover. I think this one will be way better. Hopefully.

I've decided to spell her name differently BTW. Its now spelled Riyanna.