CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

It's the middle of fifth period and just about half the class is slumped over their desk having the best nap of their lives. Mr. Lane is sitting at his desk, eyes glued to the computer, more than likely watching a soccer game since that's all he every really talks about with surprising interest.

I sit at my desk, elbow on the table and my head resting in the palm of my hand as I watch the clock hanging over the door we'll all be rushing to squeeze out of in order to make it to the cafeteria quickly to avoid lines.

Usually, in this class, we wouldn't be sitting here doing nothing but for some reason today, and not just in this class but the others too, the teachers have decided to give us a break to work on other things beside brand new assignments. It was a blessing since I got to finish a weeks worth of homework in the span of two periods.

Now..since I've got no more work, I sit here quietly and let my mind wonder.

Somehow, I find myself thinking about none other than Zayn Malik. He's been on my mind a lot lately. And not in the "I'm catching feelings" way. Just the "What the fuck happened with you" way.

It's been a week since the last time I was at Zayn's place. Ever since that night, he's acted a little more harsh, just a little, towards me. It's not like it really throws me off or anything, it's just when he's with me he's always got an attitude nowadays. Whatever's running through the kid's head must be some type of hate forming towards me.

It wouldn't bother me much if he ended up hating for me some reason. That means the whole "catching feelings " will be out the window and the slight butterflies I get at moments when I with him will completely disappear.

I don't want to have feelings for someone like Zayn. He's not as bad as Kyle is but he's still no good.

If I was a smart girl, I would've cut both Kyle and Zayn off once I found out the truth about what they do behind closed doors, but for some reason, I can't let go. Even being threatened wasn't enough.

And speaking of being threatened, the guy hasn't been a problem since the party almost four or five weeks ago. The feeling of being watched has slowly started to decrease and I'm starting to let my guard slip. Not that it was really up up to begin with. I'm a big ass whimp so when I had the chance, I was more than likely either with my friends, with Zayn or at home with my mom and the cat.

With a heavy sigh, my eyes drift from the clock I'd been staring at since twenty minutes ago and drift to the desk I've been seated at since the beginning of the year.

It's got drawings and scribbles on it, a deep ass hole that I have no idea how people put in the thick wood of a school desk, and some answers I'm guessing are from the previous test we took last week.

I laugh at one of the drawings and just as I'm about to write my own little comment about it off to the side, the bell screams and everyone scrams out the door, shoving and pulling.

I standing , grab my bag and shove my way out the door like all the others.

As I'm making the trip to my locker, I feel a tug on my hair and I turn to tell off whoever it was but then see James' familiar face. A smile takes over my features. "Hey!" He almost shouts and I chuckle, sending him a wave.

"What's up buddy? Where's the G-F?" James smiles, scratching the back of his neck in an almost bashful way.

"She's at home right now." He told me with a cheeky "I just fucked her" grin.

Making a disgusted face, I shove him and he bumps into a girl passing by. She glared at him but doesn't say anything before zooming off down the hallway.

"You're disgusting!" I whisper-shout, cringing at the thought of the two being intimate together. "Ack!"

James laughs out loud, shaking his head side to side. "Well, you asked." And he was right. I did. Wish I hadn't.

Just as I'm about to come back with some type of witty comment, I feel a hand wrap around my  wrist and pull me away from James. James still had this smile on his face as he watches me get dragged away. So it's someone I (and James since he's not bothered at all) know that's got ahold of me. Turning, I look up and see none other than Liam fucking Payne.

"Oh for fucks sake!"

-
*a/n

A bit of a rush but an update. Sorry about the not updating by my not so frequent schedule but I've got other stuff to take care of and I just don't feel like being bothered with writing sometimes.

(I usually get inspired to write once I've watched a really good movie or listened to a really good song)

You guys should check out DDG's song "On My Own"

THAT SHIT IS LIT ASF🔥🔥🔥 (to me at least)