CHAPTER THREE

The crossing guard signaled for the kids waiting on the sidewalk to cross the street as she held back the traffic that happens everyday around this time.

I gripped the strap of my bag tighter, my eyebrows furrowed because of the bright sun as I walked across the street, turning left to go up the hill. My nose starts tingling and I groan.

Pulling my jacket sleeve down over my hand, I quickly wipe off my nose, a quiet sneeze following afterwards.

Thus always happens. My allergies always get the best if me, especially outside.

"Riyanna!" The sound of my name being called along with the sounds of squeaky breaks if a car stopping caught my attention.

I turned my head, seeing James with his head out the drivers seat window. I smiled brightly, rushing over to the passenger side, climbing in and buckling up after adjusting my bag.

"I'm headed to me grans house. I knew I'd find you walking. As always." He chuckled, his old car squeaking as it pulled off.

I giggled, shaking my head. "Of course."

We stayed quiet after that. It was a comfortable silence of course. We've known each other since 7th grade.

I wiped my nose again, looking out the window.

Suddenly, the thought of our conversation in the cafeteria popped up into my mind.

"James?" I asked softly. He glanced over at me, raising one if his dark eyebrows at me.

"What's up, Riynasour?" He asked, leaning back in his seat. I turned my body to face him, crossing my arms in my lap.

"Why'd you ask what you asked earlier in the lunch room?" I asked, fiddling with my thumbs.

James gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. "I dunno. I sorta envy Zayn. Don't tell anyone." He told me. I smiled softly. "Ever since we started high school, he's changed so much. I wonder how he does it." James looked over at me for a second before looking back at the road. I nodded my head in understanding.

"I bumped into him today." I laughed loudly. James chuckled.

"We're you scared?"

"Yes. O-M-G. My heart almost jumped outta my chest and ran off." I laughed harder this time, because it was funny at the moment, since i was with James and I could let my guard down. James started laughing to, shaking his head.

Soon enough, we pulled up at my house and my laughter subsided. I sighed, sending James a small but fully thankful smile. "Thanks bro. Text you later." And with that, I got out and walked up the steps to the door. I heard him yell a goodbye at me before pulling off down the street.

Opening the door, I set my things down in their usual spot. "I'm home!" I called out loudly. The house felt empty, again. Mom must be at work.

I sighed, walking into the kitchen. Chewy, our tan and white cat, walked out of the laundry room stretching. He meowed, circling my legs. I bent down to pet him gently, grabbing his food and filling his bowl up.

After he was taken care of, I grabbed my favorite cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and fixed me a large bowl of them before making my way upstairs. I quickly remember my homework and set my bowl down to go back downstairs to retrieve my book bag.

Sitting down on my bed, I pulled out my homework for this week and began to finish what I've already started.

I took large handfuls of my dry cereal, eating a bunch at one time as I answered my work easily.

It didn't take long to finish either one of them.

By then, I could hear the front door open and close.

My mother was home.

-
*a/n

Chapter three guys. I thought this remake out way better then before. Of course the chapters are still short as crap, but that's just because I don't really dig long ass chapters. Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Much love!

-khenny