CHAPTER EIGHT

Last night, I had sent a text to James telling him I'd need a ride to school in the morning. I had checked the weather after getting ready for bed and it's supposed to rain any minute now. I'd rather not be stuck in that.

I was already ready by time James did pull up in my driveway and honk his horn. I fed the cat and zoomed out the door, taking note that mom was already gone since her coffee cup was sitting in the sink and her car wasn't parked in front of the garage like it would be if she was here.

When I got in the car, James was laughing. "You're seriously wearing that to school? And here I thought you'd actually put in some effort this year," he laughed again and I rolled my eyes playfully. I was wearing a pair of black Nike sweatpants with some slides and a hoodie. I honestly didn't want to go to school today but I didn't have a choice.

Shrugging, I sat back and buckled my seatbelt. "What can I say?"

-

Emma tugged on the hood of my hoodie, dragging me from the hallway when I closed my locker, to the bathroom. I glared at her for a while. "What the hell?" I asked, rubbing my neck where the fabric rubbed against my skin harshly curtesy to her. I'd just gotten out of third period and I was tired already. Zayn wasn't there to stare at me today and I was thankful for that.

Emma paced the floor, grabbing at her hair. "I think I like someone." She said some seconds after my glare disappeared.

I giggled. "So you had to nearly kill me to tell me that? Whoop whoop! I'm so excited for you!" I pretended to be overly excited and it was her turn to glare.

"This is serious. I don't want feelings for this person!"

"Who the hell is it?"

"Ughh!" Emma grabbed her hair again and groaned dramatically. She was starting to frustrate me. She wasn't telling me anything I wanted to hear.

"If you're not sharing any tea then I'm taking my thirty ass to the water fountain..." I told her, crossing my arms over my chest, leaning on the sink, waiting. The only people I can think of off the back that she might like are James or Christian, some guy in our seventh period who's average height and has sandy brown hair.

She sighed, leaning on the wall with the most writing and doodles on it. "I like James."

"I knew it!"

"What!? You knew?!"

"It was obvious!"

"Was it really that obvious?"

I cackled, tearing up. I knew it was James. Lately she's been really touchy feel-y on him, she may not have noticed, and maybe James hadn't either, but I definitely have.

I know most people wouldn't want their best friends in a relationship together, but I don't mind. Not at all. I know that they'll work out some way, some how. After all, my friends are one of a kind.

Emma's blushing like crazy and I laugh again. "You're cute man, but I gots classes to attended, we'll finish this later?" Emma nods her head at me and I hug her. Both of us walk out of the bathroom together but then split ways down either side of the hallway.

Making my way to fourth period, I happen to glance out the window showing the parking lot at the back of the school. My breath hitches and I stop walking when I see them.

Why are they together?

My heart rate picks up as I get closer to the window to see if I can read their lips. This is something I definitely didn't want to see after what happened almost three weeks ago.

But there they were, having what looked like a heated, serious conversation about something.

They, were none other than Zayn Malik and Kyle Dorris. The two boys I didn't want to see speaking together at all.

Lucky me.

-
*a/n

Hmm? This chapter was okay. Not much, still boring like the last two but I promise some action is gonna start soon.

Thoughts on Emma? James? Riyanna? Zayn? Kyle?

Zayn and Kyle talking? Hmmmm?

Lol give feedback and vote 🤙🏽