CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

It's later in the afternoon. My mom has left for work already and it's just Chewy and I cuddling on the couch in the living room. I pet him gently, stroking his head lovingly, my eyes glued to the tv which was playing an old episode of The Walking Dead.

It's pretty much been a laid back day. Anytime I thought about the fact that I could possibly be kidnapped at any moment in time, I drift my thoughts off to my friends, and my mom.

I notice that I've kind of neglected them. My friends because usually we'd be huddled up somewhere having a nice lunch together, laughing and gossiping as friends did. I also feel bad about ditching them when that man grabbed me up at the party. I wish I could tell them what's going on, but right now, I can't do that.

I make a mental note to shoot them a text about hanging out.

And my mom because I haven't really spoken spoken to her. Like how we used to. It not completely my fault though. Lately she's been taking in extra hours, trying to make more money.  I miss those days when we'd sit outside in the backyard with a tall glass of iced strawberry lemonade and a slice of homemade pizza with extra cheese. If it weren't for the fact that we both were so busy now, we'd have already set up the back porch with the beach chairs and have our sunglasses on our face to block out the rays.

I smiled at the memory.

Before I could indulge myself back into The Walking Dead, there was a loud knocking coming from the front door. Cautious and curious I walked over to the window to peek out.

I scoffed when I saw none other than Liam Pane standing outside my door.

Opening the door, I glared at him from head to toe. "Why are you here?" I spat, crossing my arms over my chest as I leaned against the door frame.

Liam sent me one of his cocky smirks, his brown eyes filled with mischief. "Zayn has sent me direct orders to come pick you up and drop you off at his new apartment."

My face was still scrunched up, my mood sour. "For why?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me, shrugging. "I dunno. Can you grab whatever you need so we can go?"

Sighing, I let the bastard in as I made my way upstairs to change. I opted for a pair of light grey leggings with a dark grey pattern on them. The fabric was soft to the touch. These were my favorite leggings.

Grabbing my Wonder Woman shirt from the closet floor, I slipped a black SnapBack on my head before descending the stairs to find Liam petting Chewy at his feet.

"It's kinda weird Zayn would send you of all people to come pick me up." Grabbing my keys, we made our way towards the door. I made sure the door was locked before the both of us began to walk to his truck.

"I'm his best friend. Who else would he have sent?"