CHAPTER TWENTY

Emma's the only one at our table today. She's got her head low and her phone in her lap. I walk up to the table, taking a seat across from her. "Hey, Emma," I send her a smile. She returns it. "Where's your boyfriend?"

At the mention of James, she blushes. "He's got a cold. Won't be back 'til Wednesday." She shuts off her phone, pushed it into her purse. I frown sadly.

He should've texted me, I would've brought him some soup. "Awe!" I pull out my phone. Shoot him a short message.

"He's good." She sits up straighter, her eyes shifting to the cheerleaders. "You know Dasha is throwing a party Friday. Apparently her brother is coming back in town." She clasps her hand together, raising an eyebrow at me.

I looked at her, tilting my head. "You wanna go then?"

She nodes her head. "Yeah. Maybe you can bring Zayn." She jokes.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Ha. Ha." Before I could fit in any other comment, the bell for first period rings and students fill the hallways, heading to class. I jokingly shove Emma on our way out and she laughs her ugly but cute laugh loudly, walking the opposite direction.

Gym is the last period of the day for me. I've put all my things into my locker already.

When I walked into the changing room, half of the girls were already there, gossiping like we didn't have a time limit for getting dressed. Going to my little corner, I open my gym locker, grabbing my clothes before setting them down on the metal bench behind me. I strip out of my pants first, my eyes casted downward. It's incredibly awkward when you make eye contact with the other changing girls.

Tugging up my gym shorts, I strip off the shirt next, replacing the tank top with a loose black t-shirt. It was Kyle's. I'd stole it when I was over his place once back when we dated. No one knew that though.

When I'd pulled my converse back unto my feet, I left the dressing room to find half the guys had finished already. Figures since they wear their gym clothes under their school clothes.

When we leave the dressing rooms, we're instructed to walk laps around the gymnasium until they call for Roll. Most of the guys crowd around each other, dribbling an imaginary basketball and taking a shot into the air. I always find it amusing to watch them.

Emma's in this class but she'd already texted me the period before that she'd be staying in her sixth to finish up some work she was behind on.

If we were allowed to have our phones, I would've been put my headphones in and jammed to some Logic or Chance the Rapper. They were two of the many musical artist that I adore.

The coach called for roll and everyone went to their spots. Their were three gym classes in here at once so all three gym teachers stood in front of their classes to take attendance. When Coach Adams came to me, I let him know that Emma was with her sixth period teacher.

Once all that was over, Coach Pope made us stretch before we were dismissed to play whatever was available. I always played volleyball.

Before I could make it to the volleyball net, my arm is grabbed and I whirl around, shaking the hand off. "What?" I bark,not really meaning to sound harsh but nonetheless I ended sounding so.

Liam raises his arms as if to surrender. "Wanna play basketball with us?" He tips his thumb back towards a group of five boys (Zayn included) and three girls. I glance over to the people playing volleyball. The ball wont stay up for more than thirty seconds.

I shrug. "Fine." We made our way over to the far side of the gym, away from the wild boys playing basketball like it's a real game, joining the rest. I smile a the people I know.

Dasha walks over to me, nudging my arm. "I'm having a party Friday." She speaks loud enough for the group to hear. "You're invited. Bring whoever. My brother's coming back from Brazil."

I send her a genuine smile, nudging her back. She was probably the only cheerleader that I actually enjoyed conversing with. "I'll be there, Dash." And we both laugh before a clearing throat interrupts us. It's none other than Zayn.

"Let's get this game started, yeah?"

-
*a/n

Decided to update today since I don't think I updated last week. Anyways, how's the story so far?

I'm digging it.

And that edit I did of rk the last chap, CRINGE. I take it back. Please don't hate me for that terrible edit....

Next update: Thursday