CHAPTER TWO

Sitting in 3rd period, I sat quietly, blankly staring at the Smart borad that had the notes we were supposed to be taking on it. I chewed on my nails, still siting there.

"Ms. Robinson. Is there a problem with your hand?" Mr. Benson caught my attention and I jumped slightly.

I looked over at him, shaking my head. "No sir. I-I got distracted. Sorry." I said quickly, grabbing my pencil and writing down my notes in sloppy handwriting. There were a few snickers and giggles around the classroom. I groaned mentally, slouching in my chair as I continued to write down my notes.

...

The bell rang and everyone rushed out the classroom. I quickly grabbed my stuff up and went to shove it in my bag when someone, way taller than me, shoved me and my things fell all over the ground.

I groaned out loud. "Are you serious! Watch where the heck you're going idiot!" I grumbled, bending down to pick up my things.

The person who shoved me stood in front of me, not helping. I stood up to see who it was but dropped my things again.

"Z-Zayn.." I squeaked. He raised one of his thick eyebrows at me. "I-I, uh, I'm sorry. I thought you...you were someone else.." My arms stay flat at my sides. I'd never actually had an encounter with him before, so of course I was scared. He could get rid of me in a second.

He stood there for a few minutes before he spoke. "It's okay. Don't let it happen again." He bent down and grabbed my stuff up, placing it on my desk.

I nodded. "Sorry.." I repeated. He scanned my face for a second before chuckling. But it was a humorless chuckle. My eyes dropped to his boots.

"Mhm.." He hummed quietly before turning and leaving me.

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in.

Holy cow.

...

All the rest of my classes flew by fast. Nothing else interesting happened.. I was still thinking about 3rd period though, thinking of different scenarios that could've went down.

If I was rude, would he have just punched me in my face? Or got his goons to beat me up?

I shook the thought away, standing up to get ready for the dismal bell to ring.

Everyone stood when the last minute hit, waiting on the bell to ring. I walked over, leaning on a desk in the front row as everyone talked and laughed at what the teacher was saying. I ignored anybody around me, staring at the clock above the door. The bell finally rang and everyone pushed and shoved to get out the classroom.

I went right for my locker, like i always did at the end of the day. I grabbed my other bag and put my books up before closing my locker.

As i reset my combination to zero, I felt the intense stare of someone looking at me and slowly turned to see who it was.

Zayn.

My heart leaped and i immediately felt as if I'd sweated through both my shirt and jacket.

He's never payed me any attention until today. It felt odd.

He was still looking at me, even though I was looking at him now. He was chewing on his thumb nail.

I didn't know what else to do so i sent him a small wave. I expected him to turn back around and leave but he didn't, instead he gave me a subtle head nod. My eyebrows raised and i quickly turned away from him to leave the school and get home.

What's happening today?

-
*a/n

I'm really digging this story better. Hopefully it gets juicy...

Anyways, don't forget to VOTE. COMMENT. And SHARE. ❤️️