CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I was in the middle of finishing up some Maths homework when my phone buzzed. The thought of it made my think back to earlier and I quickly grabbed it from beside me, unlocking it.

The new message was from the same number. Slowly, cautiously, I pressed the message and read the texts.

_
2:45
Unknown #:
I want to speak with you, maybe more privately than school -zjm
_

4:15
Unknown #:
Seriously, I want to explain some things to you. 😑 -zjm
_

I looked at the initials and wanted to gag. Zayn. Each time I thought of that name, I slowly became disgusted by the sound of it.

But deciding that I did really want to know more about this...situation, I texted him back.

_
4:17
Riy:
Fine. But somewhere public. I don't trust you 😤
_

It didn't take him long to text back a simple 'k' before sending me the address to some café near the mall. He wanted to meet Saturday, which was the day after tomorrow.

More than likely, I'd dread the day Saturday came up. We are talking about Zayn Malik after all.

   I'd finally finished all my homework. By now, it was five twenty-something, meaning mom would more than like be making dinner right now. St the thought of food, my stomach growls.

Getting up, I tuck some stray curls back up into the bun on my head as I make my way down the stairs. The smell of fried chicken and fries makes me smile. Haven't had a home cooked meal in almost a month, thanks to mom's job which as her out until around three in the morning. She's been working non-stop lately, needing to catch up on some bills and whatnot. I've begged her to let me help but she won't let me.

One day, I'm gonna buy her a house and a new car and let her live off of my money, not having to stress anymore. The thought brings a brighter smile on my face. Mom notices me sitting at the island.

"Hungry?"

I nodded frantically, just now remembering how I didn't even bother to really eat my lunch. Had a couples fired but that was about it. Maybe even half an apple? I couldn't really remember.

As mom fixed me a plate, she began speaking again and the sentence that came from her mouth had me rolling my eyes harder than I've ever rolled them.

"Your daddy called."

My dad. I scoffed, crossing my arms across my chest at the mention of him.

My dislike for him started when I was eight, when he decided to not only leave me behind, but mom too. And for a white bitch at that. I felt the anger in me boiling and I shook my head. "What's a dad?" I remarked smartly, roughly tucking some more hair into my bun. My dad was the last person I wanted to talk to, especially since I was dealing with lying to my friends and getting annoyed by Zayn Malik.

I still love my father, to death, but I seriously did not like him for the simple fact he'd left my mother stranded to support herself and I. He had sent me clothes and shoes from time to time, but never really bothered to visit. His little girlfriend was keeping him too busy. Last time I saw him was begging of summer break. The scowl on my face never faded as mom set the plate in front of me, reaching over to rub my shoulder. I relaxed a little bit.

"Baby, just talk to him, okay? He hasn't seen or talked to you in months." Her eyes held sorrow as she spoke to me. The emotion wasn't just for me. She was sad that dad didn't want to be with her anymore.

I shook my head again.  "Not right now, ma. I'll call him later.. Not a good time." I mumbled the last part to myself, picking up my chicken and digging in.

When I finished my dinner, I made my way back up the wooden steps, lazily grabbing some pjs and going to take a shower.

-
*a/n

I feel like I'm boring y'all lol.

No worries tho. The good parts are coming, jus gimme sum time.

Could y'all maybe spread some word about my books? I know their trash put I'm decently proud of them.

UPDATE: thinking about changing the description of this book because the way I'm going, I got some new ideas for the outcome of this story.... 🤔