CHAPTER SIX

Zayn leaned forward on the table, resting his chin on his fist as he looked at me quietly. I started to get uncomfortable because his gaze was so intense. I shifted in my seat, clearing my throat.

"What exactly is going on between you two? I'd never think I'd see you, Riyanna Robinson, with a thug like Kyle." Zayn sighed as he spoke. My eyes widened. He knows my last name.

"Uh...we used....used to be a thing. Like last summer but it ended because I couldn't keep hiding it," I slouch in my seat, pouting to myself. I knew way back when he had asked me out and I said yes that I was doing the wrong thing. I should've friend zoned him but I couldn't. I was attracted to him, because Kyle definitely wasn't ugly, but I also think at first I only went with him because my hormones were through the roof.

Zayn purses his lips together, his eyes looking past me for a couple seconds.

"You sure you "used" to be? Because I saw you two this morning.." He raised an eyebrow. "I know it's not my business to pry but I'm curious. Kyle is a thug. He never finished high school and he's in a gang. How did you get caught up with someone like that?"

I bit my lip, looking away from him as I remember the first time I met Kyle.

We were in ninth grade then.

"Met three years ago. When he was in school before he dropped out junior year." I tell Zayn quietly, crossing my arms over my chest.

By now, I'm feeling way more calm than when we first sat down because he seems to be genuinely interested in why I even know Kyle.

Zayn bit his lip in thought. "I mean, I'm prying enough already but one more question and you can leave,"

I scratched the back of my neck, inhaling deeply before nodding my head. I know I don't have to give him my time of day, but me being me and the fact that I need this to stay a secret I kinda had too. I've never spoken to Zayn until yesterday and today. He doesn't seem like the type to start rumors, but then again you never know. My heart is still beating fast against my rib cage but on the outside I'm feeling like I look relatively calm. I'm pretty proud. I was scared like hell but he's not showing that dangerous side I've always heard about right now. Obviously I'm thankful for that.

My leg bounces under the table as I wait for him to speak, but it looks like he trying to rephrase the question he wants to ask me. The clock on the wall above one of the bookshelves reads 10:36am. I'm late for fourth period.

"Never mind. It doesn't matter anymore." Zayn frowned at himself before standing. "Bye." And with that he was walking away from me, down the stairs and put the library doors.

My eyebrows furrowed and I roughly got up out of the chair I was sitting in, walking downstairs myself to make it to class.

So does this mean he won't tell anyone? Or what? Because obviously he didn't say much of anything once he realized he didn't want to ask me whatever question he had before. A sighed escaped me. I wasn't even going to rush to class today. I'll just get there when I get there.

-
*a/n

Guess what? Yep that right. I found that lost motivation to finish this shit story lmao.

I'm am sorry that it took me almost a year just to decide that I do in fact want to keep this story going. I've given myself enough time to think about it and what not so I hope the peoples who were liking the remake are happy and any new comers

..to all the ghost readers out there lol, I'd appreciate it if you voted but I guess just reading it in general is okay. And thanks for the little votes that I have, thankful for them fam.

Anyways, byeeeeeeee

Aug. 10, 2017