CHAPTER NINE

Kyle was rolling his eyes and looking pissed as hell by whatever Zayn was telling him. It looked like Zayn was trying to get some point across to Kyle that Kyle obviously didn't want to hear.

I wanted to know more. I wanted to know why they were there, talking like they were. Like both of them weren't even in school. One was a drop out and the other a no show.

Curiosity got the best of me, ignoring the slight fear I had deep in my heart as I snuck out the back door. Now, I could hear them, but I couldn't make out words. They sounded mad.

Peeking my head over the brink wall, they were at least five cars down from where I stood.

This is so stupid, turn around idiot!

My mind was screaming at me to mind my business, but I just couldn't. Basically this was my business since they'd only started talking probably because of me, which is odd.

Crouching down, I slithered between cars until I was close enough to hear what they were saying.

"I'm not doing that. Why the fuck would I?" It was Kyle speaking, and I knew for sure that he was pissed. What was he supposed to be doing?

I heard Zayn sigh. "Not asking you. Either you do it or I'll get in the way. You'll be the death of the fucking girl."

"And you won't?!"

"She'd be safer with me than you any day. You're inexperienced and ignorant." The sound of Zayn's hard boots on the gravel caught my attention and I heard Kyle's feet shuffle. "Stay away. I'm not going to tell you again."

"You don't even fucking know her! She'd never let you in!"

Who the hell is she?

Suddenly, my nose started tingling and I knew what was coming.

Fuck no! Hold it in!

A sneeze threatened to escape me. The tingling of my nose intensifying tells me I need to hurry and get the hell out of here.

As quickly and quietly as possible I make my way back to the back door but just as I was reaching one of the cars closest to it, a sneeze rippled through me, my throat burning from the loud ass noise I made. Another one came, and then another one.

By now, both Zayn and Kyle had stopped talking and I could hear their footsteps getting closer. Panicking, I rushed over to the door, trying to pry it open but I guess it was locked from the inside. How school usually did it.

I have the best life ever.

Kyle was the first one to see me and when he did, he smiled brightly, like he genuinely missed me or whatever. If he did he would've hit my line.. I stopped trying to escape once I realized it was useless. Sending him an awkward smile, Zayn was next to emerge.

"Why what a coincidence I'd run into both of you!" I tried to play off the fact that I was spying on them, leaning back on the door and scratching the back of my neck. I could feel myself beginning to sweat under my arms, which was a sign that I was freaking out on the inside.

They glanced at each other with raised eyebrows when Zayn turned to me, a sly smirk on his face. "She was spying on us." He stated, which was obvious.

Why would I be out here when I'm supposed to be in class.

Kyle raised an eyebrow. I could tell he was still upset by whatever it was he and Zayn were talking about. He looked a little tense, his shoulders squared up and his brown eyes stormy. He crossed his arms over his chest, the sleeves of his jean jacket ridding up a little on his arms. All of a sudden I had the urge to hug him. But I don't think now would be appropriate for that.

Zayn shoved his hands in the pockets of his distressed black jeans. Both of them were looking pretty good. Not that I liked Zayn, or even Kyle for the matter. It was obvious that they weren't ugly at all. No where near that, but they were loads of trouble.

I don't know why I didn't see it before, Kyle. Him being what he is.

My thoughts are interpreted when Kyle walks over to me, pulling me in for a tight embraces. This catches me way off guard and I squeak. "What the hell?" I gasp, my arms stiff at my sides.

Did he read my mind?

He chuckled, letting me go. "I won't be around for a while," he stared, glancing towards Zayn, "I'll try to keep in touch with you as much as I can, okay?"

Confused, I just stood there and stared at him. "What do you mean?" I asked after a minute, furrowing my eyebrows.

Kyle sighed, pulling me close, he set a long yet what I guess is passionate kiss on my lips. Completely forgetting Zayn was standing right there, I kissed him back, my body suddenly waking up. I grabbed the collar of his jean jacket tightly.

I love you.

I almost said those three words. It's not like I haven't said them before, but something told me I needed to tell him those words, but they wouldn't come out. All to soon, he released me, scanned me over as if this was our last encounter, turned towards Zayn, said some words to him I didn't catch before walking off to his car.

When his car disappeared, I glared at Zayn. "What did you do?!"

More importantly, what have I done?

-
*a/n

Eh.

Zayn is starting to get involved, but why? 🤔

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the story so far, send me messages, comment, anything. Just lemme hear them thoughts ! ❤️

Maybe this chapter wasn't all that but it was decent I suppose.

Much love from,

ya gansta Khendra! 🥀