CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"Stop. I've got hella homework."

The feeling of Kyle's lips on my shoulders was extremely distracting. He'd decided to pay me a visit today. It was Thursday. "Just trying to leave my mark. After all I won't be around for a while, baby." His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled my flush against his clothed chest. I slouched at the mention of him not being around.

"Where are you even going?" I asked, erasing a problem from my paper to redo it.

Kyle sighs on my neck. He kisses it softly before resting his chin on the same spot. "Something with the gang. We're going to South Carolina for a while."

I thought about asking what they were going to do in South Carolina but thought against it. "Oh." Is all I say before I continue with my work.

Kyle sighs again. "I don't want you wrapped up in my shit. It's not something you wanna be apart of, bae." His arm tightens around me. I shrug a shoulder.

"I understand, Kyle."

He's silent for a little while. I feel his heart accelerate. This spikes my interest. "What's wrong?" I asked, tilting my head so I could see him better. He bites his lip.

"You're not gonna like this, and neither am I..." I brace myself for bad news, setting my stuff down and turning to I'm facing him completely. I grab ahold of his hand, egging him on to continue.

He groans. "I'm gonna be gone for about five moths, Riya. And I-" he swollows, "someone's been sending me threats via text message," and I gasp.

"What? What kind of threats?" I grab his face then, staring him dead in the eyes. He looks crushed.

My stomach sinks.

"Threats about us. You. Someone knows we're....together.. and their not happy about it," He grabs my hands from his face, leans in to peck my lips softly. "And I'm scared to leave you alone.." he is breathing is slower.

"Kyle, what the hell?"

"Zayn's gonna be watching you until I get back!"

He blurts it out loudly, startling Chewy who was sleeping at the foot of the bed. My eyes widen at the information and I shake my head.

"What? No!" I pull away from him.

"Please. Riyanna don't be stubborn–Just until I get back.. I don't like it either but I need to make sure you're in good hands while I'm gone. Unfortunately, Zayn suits the job..." Suddenly, I'm mad at him. I furrowed my eyebrows, crossing my arms. Turning away from him again, I pick up where I left off on my homework.

It takes me a while, but eventually I give in. "Fine. Fine. But you'd better hurry your ass up, Kyle." He smiled at me, kissing me gently.

"I will babygirl."

Kyle had left already. He'd made sure to give me extra attention (if you know what I mean) before he was on his way out the door. I was already missing him. And the slight panic of someone hating our...."relationship" settled in.

Kyle hated that Zayn of all people was the only person he could trust enough to keep me safe - if that was even necessary - from whoever was threatening him. Threatening us.

It was around ten at night now. I'd done everything I needed to do by now so I was just up finishing an essay for History.

The ding of my phone caught my attention. Zayn texted me.

-
Zayn:
Kyle told me to text you..wyd?
-

I laughed at the message. Like seriously laughed because Zayn was annoying as fück. But since I didn't really have a choice (I was kinda scared) I texted him back.

-
Riy:
Hw...
-

-
Zayn:
Oh. Cool. Gn princess 😉
-

-
*a/n

Time for the good shit 😁?

Ummm....