CHAPTER 13

SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

SCIENCE MONTH CELEBRATION

This is not so special day for me since I'm not a high schooler anymore who loves to celebrate and be part of event like this.

But anyways, since boredom strikes me and I don't have anything to do today I decided to go to school and watch their so called 'Pageant' daw.

Well, in events like this I presumed that SC officers should be cooperating with the Science Club Org. But my expectation turned a hundred and eighty degrees when I saw almost half of the SC officers. Atleast some of them are here.

I tried convincing ate Julie to come with me but she denied. She has something important to do daw. I'm not really used to go in an event without company but here I am standing inside the function room, watching the students walking around and waiting for the program to start.

"Ate Marj!" Ryla's voice diverted my attention.

I walk to her direction and sit beside her There are tons of papers infront of her. For the attendance, I guess. We're in the last column but at the center. Just like when the debate was made.

"Need help?" I asked

I wonder if she's alone here all along.

"Yes please." she pouted and started to divide the papers equally. She put the half infront of me.

I look at the papers and read the name printed on it randomly.

Meanwhile, students started to find a comfortable seat for them.

I don't see any tertiary in the event except for me or maybe I wasn't able to notice them at all.

My face suddenly lightened up when I saw Josh outside the room.

He's here? If I am not mistaken, he's a member of the science club so that explains why he's here or maybe because he's an Student Council.

As the clock continue ticking, more students are ramming inside the function room. Function room can only accomodate more than a hundred of students but since it's a pageant they're pursuing so the room space was smaller than the normal space.

"Ate Marj, dito ka muna ah! I'll just go somewhere."

I nodded. No problem with me.

The crowd started to cheer when the President of Science Club finally announce the official opening of the program.

I guess my decision was right. This will somehow ease my boredom. This is more entertaining than staying in my room and waiting for the day to end.

When the contestant started to show up, the crowd become more estatic and loud.

'Mary!'

That's not a problem with me but when the students started to stand, my brows knitted.

'Okayy. Now how can I watch when all I can see are the heads and back of the latter?'

I'm not a six footer for Pete's sake!
I look around yo find a place where I can comfortably watch the show. When I saw the table infront of me an idea struck me.

Without thinking, I grab the papers and climb on top of the table. Now this is the best spot. I can see all the faces.

Windelyn and Elisha, my co-officers, are both contengent representing their own section.

In the middle of the program, I roamed my eyes and stop in that one particular figure.

Josh

He's on the door with the other students. He's smiling while cheering for the candidates. So cute.