before the storm

*Amora's POV*

Like what I said, my family means everything to me, even though I'm the youngest I always have questions like 'what if's.  The saying, 'Forgive and Forget' is an understatement; I would never forgive myself if anything bad happens to them, physically or mentally, either way they'll get hurt and I'll be their shoulder to lean on. We've all been through thick and thin, we've solved our problems and fought the dark together. 

The icy wind blew on my skin and my hair flew around in different directions. Me and Anthony are on our way to the house, spending one and a half hour at the park was fine but Anthony decided it was time to head back; I agreed because the sun was about to set and the moon was welcoming itself to the sky any moment now. I did a Tic-Tac with my skateboard as my brother reached the front lawn of our house, unlocking the door with the extra keys he brought with him. Cool ac air breezed over my face, Anthony locked the door and swung his attention to the living room. I trudged towards the centre of the room, at the corner of my eye, I saw my parents sitting on the brown five-seater couch they bought a year ago. 

They sat there... arguing? My Mom seemed to have disagreed with something because she jolted her head left and right while my Dad said something, using hand gestures. What the- They always arrive home at 11:30. I know we're not a perfect family but what are they arguing about? They look so tired, they didn't look like that when they left the house. My brother noticed this, considering he doesn't want to interrupt their argument, he tip-toed to the front door and opened it. Creaking open, the door caught my parent's attention. 

They shuffled towards us, Mom and Dad were holding hands, looking faded, "Ant and Amy? We thought we heard something. Wait, were you two eavesdropping on us?" Her eyes peered over to us.

"No, Mom, we weren't. We just thought that interfering with you and Dad's conversation would not be the best idea." My brother effortlessly said. At least he didn't lie. Hey that's good. 

"Either way..." My parents sat back down on the couch and patted the other brown sofa next to it, signalling us to sit. "Good. Now that we're all in the living room, let's talk about family business..." My Dad said with anguish in his voice. 

"What Dad? Something you haven't been telling us?" I simply asked. The question seemed to have echoed for Mom, and leered at Dad, expecting him to answer. 

He inhaled and exhaled, they're not telling us something. "Long story short I came to a-" Since the world is wonderful and all that jazz, the telephone in the living room decided to be a pain in the butt and rang. Come on, Dad, just freaking tell us! My Mom answered it, placing her ear next to it. Silence consumed the room, we watched Mom make a face; from puzzled to dismayed. My Dad observed this and edged closer to the end of the couch, looking dazed. 

An alarming look, "We'll be there ASAP." She slammed the telephone and whirled her head to us. "Everybody, go to the car right now. To the hospital. Now." Was all she said before she disappeared to the garage, grabbing the keys. Okay, I'll go with the flow but I'm sure everyone was stupefied with confusion. Moments passed, we were all inside our car, in seat belts, in our Maserati, Levante model. 

My Dad floored the pedal, increasing the speed of car, "Okay, listen, I know all of you are worried but Granny will be ok," My Mom said, as my head flipped to her direction- wide-eyed- Anthony's in the passenger's seat. Grandma? What happened to her? 

That woke me up, "Wait what? Is she okay? What happened to her?" I babbled. If I was being annoying at that moment, I couldn't care less because, hey, she's my grandmother and I love her. Granny loves wearing vintage clothes; eye bags that make her look tired all the time; wrinkles that gently modelled her face and light brown hair with a bit of grey streaks blooming.

"I d- don't know. The lady on the phone didn't give me a lot of details. B- But..." The car stopped; red light. She attempted to gain her composure by breathing in and out but it didn't work. I enveloped her into a hug before the car started moving. 

"It's okay, Mom. We'll get there soon." I comforted her. 

"No. Right now, nothing is okay. Gra- Granny had a heart attack." She whispered, putting both of her hands on her face. Heart attack? She's not THAT old. Last time I saw her she was in good shape, or so I thought she was. Ugh. I prayed to God in my head. The suspense right now was too much and it made me stiff; my Dad tapped the 'on' button on the built-in sat nav. Playing a calm instrumental song, it's like putting ice cold water on a burning piece of wood. 

Or the calm before a storm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know what to say! 

iReck_Wings