friends

*Amora's POV* 

The first week back to school was quite a blast. Maybe we could add hasty as well. Everything seemed to be a blur. From Monday to Friday.

 I miss them.

I miss them with all my heart; Anthony, Mom and Dad. As much as I tried to forget, I don't think I can ever forget the moments we shared. The memories. I promised myself that I would move on, knowing that they wouldn't want me to dwell in the past. 

Only problem is: It's hard. 

"I'm telling you! Harry was meant for Ginny!"

"Who says?"

"J.K Rowling says!"  Oh, this again. Only my two best friends can shriek like that. I'm on my way to the girl's changing room for a football practice. I promised them we would practice on Friday. Before a silly dispute broke out, I stepped in their wild conversation.

I turned my brown eyes on them, "Addy and Joce." I smirked while I crossed my arms. "Will you two help me with my English homework?" My smirk gradually twitched into an ample grin. 

"What?" They both asked at the same time.

"Pardon me?" I returned as we entered the changing room.

Addison mirrored my actions but leaned on the wall. And Jocelyn sat on the bench. "You've never asked for our help. It would usually be the other way around." Addison said with a small smile.

"Well, I only said that so that I don't have to watch you guys arm wrestle each other. And then one of you gets hurt." Both of their faces lit up to a smile. I fake coughed. "Possibly Jocelyn."

"Hey! I know I'm a klutz but-" Jocelyn started

"Klutzies!" I shouted to the top of my lungs. We all have this game, for who says 'klutz' the first, wins. It's weird and we're weird so it kinda makes sense. At least I think it does. 

Addison slumped her shoulders forward. "Oh come on I didn't even get a say!" In a flash, me and Jocelyn changed in our football attire. Addison stood up from the bench and opened the door. "Come on! I wanna see you guys play!" 

And off we go to the field.

"I know I'm being a little too annoying right now but you're not fine , right?" Addison stopped me at my tracks as the team stomped their way towards us. 

Taking two footballs from the bag, I kicked them while looking at Addy. "What do you mean?" I asked her, which actually reminded me of that song. Before she could say another word, I grinned and sprinted to where the team was. 

"Okay ladies! First match of the season begins two weeks from now. Let's warm up and get crackin'!" I beamed at the group of smiling girls. I'm the team's captain and I'll do everything to help anyone in need. "No pun intended. I've got loads of yolks to tell you guys." 

~~~

"Thanks Amora!"

"Bye girls! See you tomorrow!" I waved them goodbye. 

Not wanting to be late for baseball practice, I set my foot on my skateboard. Until two familiar voices pulled me back. 

"Amora!" Addison and Jocelyn came sprinting to me. Addison was the first one to reach me, as she narrowed her eyes at me. I started accusing myself, trying to find out what I did wrong. 

I couldn't focus on their faces for any longer. My mind would take me back on the night, those flashbacks never get tired, do they? 

"Ok," Jocelyn folded her arms together, standing still like a statue beside Addison with an alleging look on her fragile face. "Spill the beans." She took a step forward, my lips pulled down to a straight line.