detention

➰ Evan's POV ➰

Absentmindedly, I slammed the locker door shut, unpredictably sending a wave of nostalgia. Scenes from last night, surfed through that wave. 

Last night, after dinner, I was aimlessly helping my parents put the dishes away to the dishwasher. Soon after, Gabe and I were intentionally rammed into the living room, along with my good-natured and perceptive parents. 

My dad was the first to butt in, during the time, all pairs of different-shaded blue eyes were staring down at my very soul. "Son," My dad indignantly sniffled... 

What?! Why is he giving me that look!? 

I swear, I wasn't the one who pranked Mrs. Tony. 

You hear me? 

Gabe did it! 

He continued with a grumble, "Cash me outside, how 'bout dahh?" He mindlessly parodied. 

My family never gets old, I beamed as I silently watch Gabe cackle- And glancing at my mom's disconcerted face, her thin feminine eyebrows stuck up in a crease. 

She shot him a glare and a razor-sharp nudge at his side, whacking some sense into the man. Looks like mom wants him to say something. Nearing the edge of my seat, anticipating his words. 

"Oh yeah! Right, right. Sorry, got side-tracked," Again, he granted her a chirpy grin, causing mom to impatiently fold her arms. "When are you going to sign up for the boy's baseball team again?" 

This time, Gabe face palmed himself, seeing how he was following through the conversation and I wasn't. It made me smile, inside at the very least. A glint of amusement reached my eyes as I eyeballed my mom's expression; pure disbelief.

Finally, she emphatically cleared her throat while she threw an aggressive glance at dad. "What your dad was meant to say," Again, she threw him a sideways glance. "Ain't she a beauty? Looks like, you got yourself a bing bling- If you know what I mean." Her smirk matched my dad's. 

The train of thought lead me to a smiling Amora. My first awesomest friend in Springfield Valley High- is awesomest even a freaking word?  

And I thought they were normal. I promptly snagged Gabe's right hand and inadvertently heaved, "Mom, please, not now," From that, I stole a glimpse of dad's face, stood up and looked down. "They're holding the boys' tryouts tomorrow. Anyways, good night." 

With that, we bolted to Gabe's new room. Don't want him hear what they have to say. Besides, he's a quick learner and I can't risk his innocence. Not that it's already gone and wasted. 

The natural air suddenly dissolved and sweet-smelling and expensive perfume invaded my nostrils- Whoah there, way too much perfume. Scrunching my face in disgust, I completely reminded my mind that a petite and fragile hand was currently clinging onto my arm. 

My mossy green eyes followed to where it lead to, revealing a pair of icy aquamarine eyes peering into mine. A snappy young lady, around my age, stood roughly three inches shorter than me, but suddenly a scattering of boys winked in my direction. Making me avert my eyes from them and continue to process whatever is happening. 

The girl is a little too malicious for my liking. Hey, I like girls but I'm that type of guy who's picky.  

Her underweight body shifted and mightily encircled me with her head held high as her shoulder-length ash-blonde hair gracefully bounced around. Yo, what the fudgewudge? How does she get her hair to look like that? I've spent a rare amount of time to style my hair-