cupcake

*Amora's POV*

"Oh come on! You, guys-" I am currently being sandwiched by Addison and Jocelyn. 

"It's been so long! We haven't seen you in ages!" Jocelyn shouted in my ear. I can seriously feel my eardrums vibrate. I managed to squeeze from their hug, gripping my right arm. I think they forgot that I'm wearing a cast. It's only been days since they last saw me. 

Maybe it's because they know how I was actually feeling. 

I merrily smile as I rolled my eyes, "Guys, we hang out at my house just a few days back. And you miss me already?" Addison and Jocelyn are more than best friends to me, more like sisters. 

They looked at each other as I silently gasp for air- stupid headaches. This time, it's not the flashbacks that screened in my mind but a voice echoed, it was telling me that it was all my fault.

 My fault, that Anthony's dead. 

My fault, that Mom and Dad are dead.

Maybe- just maybe- it was my fault that Luke left. 

I was so immersed with my thoughts that I didn't even realise that they were saying something. "So?" They asked in unison. Okay, next time, I'll pay attention.

I acted naive and completely clueless. "So what?" Pushing my right eyebrow down.

"Your hair?" Jocelyn said, both her hands on hips. "Girl, why didn't you tell us you wanted a makeover."

"Yeah, your hair?" Addison added, leaning back on the bleachers. I know that this would happen and I know there's no way I could avoid them. 

"I'm fine, j- just wanted a change of things." I spluttered. Searching their scrutinising eyes, I knew it would take more than a "I'm fine" to persuade them. I softly laughed. "I really am." 

Jocelyn turned to Addison, "There's something wrong here, Amora never stutters." Addison agreed with rocking her head up and down. "And," She advanced at me, taking hold of my shoulders. "you know you can tell us anything, right? We're here for you- Whether you like or not- And- And, I know it's good to have a change in what you look like- nothing wrong with that- But- But, you have to talk to us, okay? Okay?" She breathed between the words.

"Joce, slow down! Amora can't even understand a word you're saying!" Addison pulled Jocelyn from me, who was now hugging me a little too tight. 

"But in all seriousness, first of all, tell us anything that's bothering you." Addison sat down on a seat along with Jocelyn.

Out of nowhere at all. "I feel like... Like-" Addison started, cutting her off.

"Oh, I feel like butterflies are exploding in my stomach every time I see Malcolm." I did my best impression of Addison's voice, resting the back of my hand on my forehead. Me and Jocelyn laughed, like really really loud while Addison lowered her head down, trying her best to hide her blushing face. Addison has a huge crush on this boy named Malcolm.

He's a boy version of Addison. Nonetheless, I sat down on a seat beside Addison. "I feel like you're not-" The bell rang, making all of us jump on our feet.