leaving for good

§Luke's POV§

I kept on glancing back at Dad.

 I was disgusted. And couldn't think straight. 

Wake up, Luke! Snap out of it. I'm doing this for your own good, Amora, I thought as I walked through the empty hallways if the hospital. Each step I took- lead me closer to someone- to someone I care about. But now... I'll have to leave her soon and I'm sorry, Amora.

Thoughts in my head buzzed around and my emotions were everywhere. I was happy that I knew she liked me back, but sad that after we've been through, I have to leave her like this. She was clearly hurt from that fucking night. 

That night, when I found out, I was in the middle of a football game against another school. We were tied 2-2, and by half time- I got a mysterious call from an unknown number. 

A steely voice replied after I curiously said hello, "Aww, I'm so sorry, Luke..." The voice mockingky said, "But now it looks like you'll believe me when I say I'd do anything and well, I did! Too bad your girlfriend here was untouchable..." And then just like that, the call ended.

What? Since when did I have a girlfrie- Oh shit. Shit. Shit. No, it can't be. 

Shortly, I got a call from a hospital asking if I knew anyone called Amora Van Allen. And that's when I found out a real monster was among me. 

I eyed the person walking behind me. 

Approaching the door, I knocked and heard a "Come in". As I reached for the doorknob... my heart raced and I was nervous. Ugh, I'm pathetic- Here I am saying goodbye forever, and my heart and hormones can't help but to act all giddy. I really do hope she's doing okay. 

I sighed. I just have to get this over with. Rip that bandage clean and fast. I pulled the door open and there she was, sitting cross-legged in front of a TV- she laughed and that lit her face up. Her smile was bright as the blazing sun that was out today. 

Yet when I caught a glimpse of her brown eyes, there was a hint of happiness but the rest reflected back a mourning and wistful girl. How could this happen to you. You don't deserve any of this. I wanted to memorize everything before I leave; the way the corners of her mouth fold when she smiles; the way she grazes over her nose whenever she attempts to lie- a cute mannerism she developed and the way she lights up a room just by entering it. 

A few minutes of joking around- I could tell that she was still in deep despair over her parents and brother- then the time had come. And it broke my heart to see her like this, and now it's breaking even more, now that I have to tell her I'm leaving. 

"Amora..." I scratched behind my ear and dug my hands into my pocket- how else could I break this to you, Amora. "I'm leaving tomorrow." I exhaled as if I've been holding my breath for a long time. Shit. I just told her. 

The eyes that were just looking at me, were now turned away as she turned to look outside a window. "Leaving?" She questioned. 

My throat felt dry and spiteful anger consumed me as I thought of why, in the first place, I had to leave you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading if you still are! I really do appreciate it! And I'll appreciate it even more if you leave a vote and a comment! 

Take care of yourselves,

ireck_wings