broken

*Amora's POV*

If you get too close to the fire, you'll burn. 

In other words, if you get too attached to something and they leave you. It'll only end up hurting everyone.

"Ms. Van Allen since it's not legal for a 13 year old girl to live by herself. And since all of your relatives are distant and declined the offer." The guy who I think was Gregory, started. Gosh, I have so much questions. That's true, all my relatives were distant, my Dad's and Mom's side but it sort of hurts that they didn't want to take care of me. I know that these men were the one who replaced the car and paid the funeral for my parents.

"Please, call me Amora. And thank you for replacing the car and... Uhh, the funeral as well." I said, delivering them a sincere smile that reached my eyes. Gregory seemed shock but John remained quiet. 

John spoke first, "Tomorrow, I'm inviting you to the meeting room in this hospital to discuss and confirm some details with you . You're at the fifteenth floor and the room is at the fourth floor, someone will escort you there. We took the liberty of choosing someone to care for you- Like a Mom- If you do not like her, then, that can be taken care of, Amora." Wow, okay, they've chosen a Mom? For me? Fine, I'll take it. I've been given another chance?

"It's fine, I'm sure I'll like her." 

"Okay, now that this is settled, we have a few questions for you, regarding about that night." Gregory said. That night. Everything came rushing back while my head decided to give me a headache. 

"Amora?" 

"Hmm?" I tilted my head. "What about that night?" I rattled, flashbacks controlled my mind. As they blabbed, I saw red and felt my lungs tighten, recalling that night.

"Well, before that incident, do you happen to know how to defend yourself?" To my astonishment, I lifted my chin up. Why are they asking about that? 

"Anthony taught me how to hit a guy's nuts but other than that..." I drifted of to. Now that you think of it, I don't even know how I moved like that, like I knew how to fight and use knives from watching tutotorials. But in reality, I never had to actually use my fists nor knives to protect myself. 

"You didn't have any experiences before that night?" John edged his seat, interested in my next response. 

I thoroughly skimmed back, "Nope but I love action-packed movies. And I was thinking of doing Judo as an after-school activity in my school." 

Gregory sat straight on the couch, "I'll cut through the chase. CIA is very much impressed with what you demonstrated that night. A young teenager like yourself is needed at the CIA." His face softened.

"That's good. A mediocre girl like me has impressed the CIA. What do you expect me to do?" Sarcasm decided to make an entrance when I asked them this. They're too serious. They need a smile.

John chuckled, "Please, Amora, you're not mediocre. We ask you if it's possible, to train as a Junior Field Agent. You are too young to work but all we're asking right now is to do the test and train." Did he just say that? I am so confused- Me? Train as a Junior Field Agent?

"Training?" My right eyebrow lifted. I- I was just really confused. What the heck was happening? Is this a scam? 

"Yes, one of the Senior Agents will train you. The day before school starts, a car will come and pick you up. You will do the test and come at the headquarters everyday to train. We want no one to know about this. You'll train different defensive sports, we will add Judo as one of them." John informed me. This guy sounds like a father. "It's a lot to take in, we will leave you be." They both headed towards the door, grabbing the door knob.