7 | cuts and bruises

7 | CUTS AND BRUISES

Roxanne snatched up Kali and ran towards a house

Roxanne snatched up Kali and ran towards a house. The tower right outside of the wall had collapsed and the ocean of walkers were beginning to populate Alexandria. There were too many biters out there to fight. Despite that, she kept shooting the monsters down to keep them from catching up with her.

As Roxanne was running, she noticed another fellow Alexandrian, Jessie, waved at her wildly from the patio. "Come on!" She yelled at Rox. Rox nodded at her and sprinted over to her house, with Kali pressed close to her chest. Kali was shockingly fussy, she squirmed and made sounds of disapproval with every gunshot Roxanne sounded. It was getting a bit difficult to hold her, but she pressed on, reaching Jessie's house.

When she finally entered Jessie's house, she instantaneously sat Kali down on her sofa— checking her to see what was so wrong with her baby. Roxanne's eyes wandered down to Kali's stomach, a small patch of blood was seeping through her shirt. Roxanne's hands began to shake and she ripped off her baby girl's top off to check the injury.

There was a semi-deep nick right above her belly button. Rox looked down to her weapons belt she had stolen about a year or two ago, and noticed a small pocket knife sticking out. It hadn't been secured properly in her belt— it must've cut Kali while Rox held her.

"Oh, it's okay Kali. Mommy's so sorry, I'll put a bandaid on it." Roxanne apologies and placed multiple small kisses on her forehead and she ran to Jessie's bathroom to find some disinfectant and bandaid. When she ran back into the living room, more people had entered Jessie's house: Deanna, Rick, Carl, Michonne, Gabriel, and Jessie's son.

Roxanne only looked up at them briefly before beginning to clean Kali up. They were already occupied on their own too to pay any attention to Roxanne. The group rushed Deanna upstairs to one of the bedrooms, and as soon as Roxanne finished bandaging Kali, she went upstairs too— it would be safer anyway.

Roxanne spotted Rick and stopped him. "How is she?" Rox referred to Deanna.

Rick shook his head in disbelief. "She's bit."  He tried to push past Rox, but she stopped him by placing a hand on his chest.

Rick's vibrant blue eyes drilled holes through Roxanne's dull green ones. "Fever's setting in. She doesn't have long." He stated emotionlessly.

Roxanne held out Kali. "Can you take her?" She asked Rick. He raised his brows in surprise, but accepted her willingly. He hugged her tightly against his chest.

Roxanne made her way over to the room Deanna was resting in. She creeped in quietly and sat next to her silently. Deanna fluttered her eyes open. Roxanne sucked in air through her teeth, preparing herself to what she was going to say next...