21 | fuck that

21 | FUCK THAT

The next morning came quicker than Roxanne anticipated

The next morning came quicker than Roxanne anticipated. The sun shine brightly through the carefully dusted blinds in the room she and Rick boarded in for the night. She rolled over on the fluffy bed to face Rick, but found that he wasn't there. Quickly, she glanced at the ticking clock over the window and noticed it was already noon— far from the morning she thought she was present in. "Fuck." She cursed as she sprinted out of the bed and into the outdoors.

Blinded by the sunlight, she ran aimlessly into the community— as if she were a lunatic— until she body slammed into a stiff figure. Rox groaned as she looked up to focus her eyes on the figure she had ran into. Her cheeks had already turned a deep red, she had assumed she must have knocked into a Kingdom commoner. When she could finally see, she saw that the person she ran into was Rick— fortunately, for it saved her from much unneeded embarrassment. "Why didn't you wake me!" Roxanne whisper-yelled.

"Because you needed it. Have you even looked in the mirror once since you've escaped Negan?" Rick stuck out his hand to help Roxanne up.

Roxanne shook her head. "What did King Ezekiel say? Since I missed out." Roxanne asked as she jumped back up to her feet.

"He said no." Rick spoke blatantly.

"What!" Roxanne gasped, she had thought she had 100% convinced Ezekiel to help them.

"He offered you and Daryl a place to stay, but that's all." Rick dug his boot into the gravel.

Roxanne spoke out many profanities under her breath as she thought of another plan. "How many people do we have to fight?" She inquired.

"We don't even have enough to take on one outpost face to face yet." Rick stated, emotionlessly.

"Then I go back, to Alexandria with you. I find another community— one I've been with before—" Roxanne began synthesizing a plan all over again.

"No, you're staying here. I'll bring Kali. You'll be safe here. Away from Negan." Rick gently grabbed Rox's face.

Roxanne scrunched her face into a distasteful look. "And be a prisoner? Again? Fuck that." Roxanne scoffed.

Rick looked at her with pleading eyes. "I have to know you'll be safe. I have to know that after all of this, we will be together." Rick grabbed her hands.

Rox melted under with warm gaze. "Fine." She subdued.