25 | last goodbye to kali

25 | LAST GOODBYE TO KALI

warning: gruesome and upsetting

Roxanne's palms were sweaty as she held the cool rifle. Alexandria was expecting Negan and his entourage to arrive. He had Sasha hostage and he was bringing her right to them with his men all lined up to do who knows what. Roxanne had been positioned on the far east wall to snipe anyone that she deemed a threat to the Alexandrians, even if they were the Scavengers, the allied community that was helping them defeat Negan.

The dozens of Alexandrians were lined up against the main wall, flaunting their weapons to defend the community and get Sasha back. Suddenly, the sound of vehicles approaching hit Roxanne's ears. Roxanne focused her vision on the hazy horizon and watched it carefully until she saw trucks roll directly toward Alexandria.

"All points are covered. Every contingency is already met. I come armed with two barrels of the truth. A test is upon you, and I'm giving out the cheat sheet." The sound of Eugene's voice rang through a speaker as he spoke to the people of Alexandria from afar.

Roxanne didn't understand what he was saying, hell, she never understood what that man was saying— but she instantly saw it as her cue to ready herself for any incoming trouble. The trucks halted to a stop at the gates of Alexandria. "H-Hello. I come salved with the hope that it is my dropped knowledge that you heed.   Options are zero to none. Compliance and fealty are your only escape. Bottom lining it— you may thrive, or you may die." Eugene sighed as he stumbled over his pretty words. He continued blabbering on and Roxanne simply tuned him out. His annoying voice only distracted her from the fact that the Saviors were all piled up in those very trucks, ready to attack them and take their things.

"Where's Negan?" Rick shouted.

Silence overcame the town. Then Eugene answered: "I'm Negan." The sense of betrayal overcame the community as they listened to their former comrade comply to the community's enemy.

Rick then nodded over to Rosita, who then clicked a button that was supposed to tick off a bomb that Dwight promised to set up— but it didn't do anything. Dwight had fooled the Alexandrians. It must've been his plan the entire time. He must've known that he had to tick off Roxanne to get her to leave the room the night before in order to negotiate with the other Alexandrians. Because if Roxanne was present, she wouldn't have allowed them to invest their trust into Dwight. Suddenly, the Scavengers all stood up and pointed their guns at all of the Alexandrians. The gate was then opened, revealing the silent scene to the Saviors.

It seemed that the Scavengers were also traitors. They must've been working for Negan too. Roxanne scoffed and pointed her rifle at the leader of the Scavengers, Jadis. Roxanne could see some back and forth commotion between Rick and the newly appeared Negan. Then she saw a coffin being unloaded from the truck. Then she saw Negan opening it. Then... she saw Sasha's zombified body fall out. Then all hell broke loose.

The Alexandrians began shooting and the Scavengers and Saviors retaliated. It was chaos. Roxanne swiftly shot inconvenient traitors and Saviors with ease and without emotion. She then moved her scope to check on Rick, who was still standing there with Jadis' gun to his head. He spoke some words to her, and she shot him in the foot. Roxanne snickered and efficiently shot her on her back, causing her to fall off of the wall where she stood like a deadweight.

As she was about to move on to focus on her next prey, a pair of rough hands grabbed her from behind and threw her over his shoulder. It was some savior, probably sent my Negan to retrieve her. Without a word, he snatched her gun and dragged her to the front of the community where all of the Alexandrians were being held hostage.

There, Negan stood with a proud smile on his face. "Hello again, dear." He greeted, then waved one of his Saviors off to go fetch something else.

Roxanne looked around and noted the faces of Carl, Rick and many others. Roxanne groaned. She was already growing tired of this fight and she simply wanted blood. "You just had to go back to these filthy garbage people didn't you?" Negan spoke to Roxanne.

Roxanne sneered. "I must be following a pattern." She indirectly referred to him as garbage too.

"Oh, babygirl. This is gonna make you sad and broken. It's gonna hurt me too, but not as much as it will hurt you." Negan chuckled.

Then, the savior— who he had sent to go fetch something— returned. He returned with Kali in his arms. Negan smiled brightly at his child and grabbed her up in his big arms. Roxanne's placid face was replaced with a terrified look. She began to buck forward but Negan's minions swarmed her and held her back.

"Leave her alone!" Roxanne screamed.

"I wish I could." Negan's smile fell as he looked straight into the baby's eyes. He caressed her head. Kali began crying, screaming and kicking. She felt what was coming.

Negan slithered his arms around Kali's body and squeezed as tight as he could. Kali shrieked in pain. Roxanne's eyes flooded with salty and raging tears. "LEAVE HER ALONE. PLEASE. IM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE DONT DO THIS." Roxanne thrashed around to free herself from the men's grips on her. She kicked, she bit, she clawed and she swung to tear herself out of the hold she was in to get her daughter. But she couldn't.

It was a long thirty seconds of hearing her bones crack and her muffled screaming. The sounds were killing Roxanne. It was tearing her apart, limb by limb until she felt like she was only a beating heart.

Then... her screams silenced.

She was dead. Negan had crushed her to death. Literally. Roxanne's bowls of pain echoed through the surrounding forests. Her eyes were filled with horror as she watched Negan look down upon Kali's limp body.

Suddenly, a power overcame Roxanne and she managed to rip away from the Saviors holding her down. She was going straight for Negan's throat. She wanted him dead. She wanted to tear out his intestines and shove it down his down as he bled out, slowly and painfully over a matter of weeks.

She ran straight for him, but all of his men regained control over her as shook as she managed to grab his throat. She only left a small scratch and it pissed her off she didn't at least manage to do more.

Roxanne stopped thrashing and stoped bucking and stopped screaming and stopped crying all at once. All of her emotions left her body with her soul. Her eyes hardened and her face went stiff. "You're dead." Roxanne spoke lowly, as if a demon had possessed her.

"You're all dead." Roxanne reinforced her words.

As if on cue, a whoosh of orange jumped out of no where and attacked one of the Saviors. It was Shiva. Shiva ripped out the man's throat and scared off all of the other Saviors. The Kingdom has arrived to save the Alexandrians. Gunshots were fired and people began dropping like dead flies.

Once Shiva finished crushing the Savior's skull, she turned to Roxanne and looked at her. An unspoken alliance overcame the two. Shiva brushed herself up against Roxanne to help her up, then the two ran off to fight off the Saviors and Scavengers.