23 | satisfy

23 | SATISFY

The women of Oceanside had watched hopelessly as the Alexandrians carried away their guns

The women of Oceanside had watched hopelessly as the Alexandrians carried away their guns. It all for good cause of course. But, Roxanne couldn't help but to feel guilty the entire way home for stripping them pf their protection.

Once the group finally arrived back at Alexandria, they were greeted by Rosita's lone face. Many members of the group began bombarding her with questions, but Rosita didn't answer any one of them. She simple stared blankly out into nothingness and replied: "There's someone here."

* * *

The moment Daryl and Roxanne laid eyes on Dwight, the two had already formed a plan to kill him in their minds. Daryl charged at him, but was stopped by Rick and few others. "He says he wants to help us." Rosita spoke as she pointed to the poor soul that stood in the corner of the cell Rosita had locked him up in.

Rick continued to hold back Daryl as he turned to eye Dwight. "That true? You want to help?" Rick asked unconfidently.

"I do." Dwight nodded affirmatively.

Rick analyzed Dwight in his entirety. "Okay," he pulled out his revolver and pointed it at his head, "get on your knees."

Dwight did as instructed and looked down to the ground in embarrassment. "Look at me..." Rick waited for Dwight to lift his chin.

"Why?" He growled.

"'Cause I want it stopped. I want Negan dead." Dwight croaked our a response.

Rick cocked his head. "So why don't you kill him?" Rick queried.

"Why don't you ask the same thing to your pretty little girlfriend over there?" Dwight diverted his eyes to Rox.

Rox cracked her knuckles as she spoke. "You can't get close to Negan. Not alone at least." Rox snapped.

"What you did with Negan was selfish." Dwight spat.

Roxanne rolled her eyes. "What I did was called survival."

"What you did was murder."
"What I did was lived."
"He owned you!"
"I owned him!"
"...until you had the baby."

Roxanne shut up. The last sentence was painfully true. She had Negan wrapped around her finger until she got pregnant. Then she ran. Roxanne couldn't face the verbal defeat she had received, so she stormed away— back to the comfort of a house she could lay her head to rest in.

* * *

The clock ticked endlessly as the night creeped on. Roxanne felt entranced in it. She watch the secondhand flicker from place to place on the face of the clock as she listen to the unbelievably satisfying click
click
click
click
click
click
cli—

"Can I talk to you?" Rick Grime's sturdy voice pulled her out of her enchantment, as if he were literally her Prince Charming to her Sleeping Beauty.

Roxanne nodded curtly at him. It was obvious that she was okay with him speaking to her. The two settled themselves on the couch and stared at each other, emotionlessly, for two minutes straight. Roxanne felt utterly numb. Subconsciously, she knew what he was going to say. She knew that the unspoken crime he had committed would kill her already undead heart. She felt like she loved him. But the tension she suddenly growing between them caused her to disconnect herself before she would get hurt.

"I made a mistake." Obvious.

"I didn't mean to do it." That's what they all say.

"I was alone." Excuses.

"I was vulnerable." Excuses.

"I couldn't hide this from you. And I don't want it to hurt... us." Rick continued.

Roxanne scoffed. "What even are we?" She questioned.

Rick remained silent. "Exclusive? I suppose not." Rox answered for herself.

Rick remained silent. "How could you?" Roxanne spoke quietly and still robotically.

"How could you?" Roxanne repeated over and over and over again, her voice increasing in volume and emotion every time until she was pounding on Rick's chest, screaming at the top of her lungs and sobbing uncontrollably.

"I loved you!" She admitted.

Rick's breath faltered for a moment. He didn't expect to hear such a thing. Especially at that moment. "I'm sorry." He spoke.

"It's over. After we kill Negan, Kali and I are leaving. And I'll spare you from seeing the face of the woman who didn't satisfy you enough." Roxanne shot up and sped out of the room.