Chapter 34 - Brian's Disease / May 1974

POV Helena

May

I made an incident report and because I am now a media person, because of the Miss London contest and to be one of Miss England's candidates, the organization of the contest, I called the police, so that a police car always accompanies me, To the places that I go. That was all that was missing. Madame Clotilde is enough of a person's love, now I will have police reinforcement too, but, I need this, for my integrity. The days went by. On May 6, on Monday, police discovered who the car belonged to on the license plate and where it belonged. When the policemen arrived at the place where the two comparsas lived, they found them dead.

"It was certainly murder," the deputy said to me. "The person who hired them knew what had happened, and before the survivors handed the person over, they murdered them. Simple.

"It is very important that you continue the investigation and policing for Helen," said Mrs. Clotilde.

"We will continue to have no doubts," said the deputy.

On May 7, I delivered three more paintings to the gallery for them to sell.

"You're an artist, Helena. His paintings are incredible, "said Mrs. Clotilde, smiling.

"Thank you, Mrs. Clotilde, I'm very happy you like my paintings, my paintings." I want to be a bright, future plastic artist, after winning all the beauty pageants I can - I smile at her.

The next few days, in college, I would talk to Louis about everything that was happening and some teachers and classmates. There were two policemen, in front of the room I study. Alicia was more contained in the words. Do not blame me. Of course, she is intimidated by the presence of the police. But, I find Alice very strange. In the last class on Friday, May 10, she said:

"When did the boys come back from touring North America?"

"And what do you want to know?" I asked, arching my eyebrows.

"That is none of your business, Helena. Just tell Roger, when you talk on the phone, that when he comes back from the tour, he'll have a big surprise - said Alice laughing mysteriously.

Then Alicia walked away.

"This woman scares me." Did you see the way she said it? Said Louis.

"We must not be afraid of this madwoman, Louis. What puzzles me is what she has to say to Roger, what surprise is that? Either she's gone crazy or else she wants to harm Roger in something.

I talked to the boys in the last few days. Bri even said that when they did perform in New Orleans, Bri had a little affair with a girl named Peaches. I even asked if he'd fallen in love with her, really. He said no, that was just an overwhelming passion, that they kissed and went to the motel. Bri was categorical in saying that he only loves a woman and that this woman is me and that if he and Roger stay with the women, the American groupies, it's to forget me, see if they can get me out of their hearts, They can not, in any way. I sighed at Bri's statement.

POV Helena

May

I made an incident report and because I am now a media person, because of the Miss London contest and to be one of Miss England's candidates, the organization of the contest, I called the police, so that a police car always accompanies me, To the places that I go. That was all that was missing. Madame Clotilde is enough of a person's love, now I will have police reinforcement too, but, I need this, for my integrity. The days went by. On May 6, on Monday, police discovered who the car belonged to on the license plate and where it belonged. When the policemen arrived at the place where the two comparsas lived, they found them dead.