Chapter 38 - The Gift of Brian / July 1974.

POV Helena.

On the first of July evening, Rog took Clotilde and I in his Mini Cooper to the hospital, for me to visit Bri before traveling.

When we arrived, Freddie and John were already talking to him.

"Helena," Bri said, sitting up on the bed and hugging me happily.

"How are you feeling, my angel?" I asked smiling.

"Very well, I'm very happy that I'll be discharged on July 5th. So the guys and I will start recording the band's new album. Bri said excitedly.

"I'm sure the new album will be a big hit," he said, smiling. "I'm so glad you're leaving the hospital soon enough. While I'm in Manila, please keep feeding yourself, okay? You need to be well.

"Do not worry, dear Helena, we'll take good care of Bri in his absence," Freddie said, smiling.

"You owe us, a Brazilian lunch, Helena," Brian said, smiling.

"I promise that as soon as I get back from Manila, I'll make lunch for all of you," I grinned.

"Please bring the Miss Universe crown to our country, for us," Bri said, taking my hand and kissing it.

"I'll do my best, I swear to you," he said, smiling, looking at Bri's gaze that he was happy and thoughtful at the same time.

His greenish-brown eyes gleamed.

"Helena, I have a present to give you," Brian said, rising slowly from the bed.

"Bri make no effort," I said.

"I need to walk, Helena," Bri said.

He got out of bed slowly and I helped him. He walked over to his backpack and pulled out a small box of blue velvet and handed it to me.

"I hope you like it, Helena. It is a protection for you to use in your trip. I know how religious you are and I think you'll love it, "Bri said.

I opened the little blue velvet box and when I saw it I smiled. I won from Bri a beautiful scapular of Our Lady of Fatima and Jesus.

"Bri, my Guitar Hero, I loved it. Thank you so much for the gift, "she said, hugging him hard and then smiling." Surely, you'll bring me protection, I have a lot of faith in God that everything will work out for me on the trip I'm going to do tomorrow.

"What matters is that you like it, Helena. I love you and I want your protection and everything works out for you, "Bri said, smiling.

I ran a hand through his hair and kissed his face with affection in the form of thanks.

"I'm going to pray for you so that you can go back to winning London before you go to New York, because that's what will happen," Bri said, smiling.

"I hope so, but I'm calm, I'll do my part without fear," he said, smiling.

I watch Rog, who is silent, watching Bri and me. Rog said you bought me a present too, but you're only going to deliver it to me tomorrow morning before I get on board.

I talked a little more with Bri and they brought him over to his dinner. It was after eight o'clock. I could not be long. I have to go home early and rest before the trip. About nine o'clock in the evening I said goodbye to Bri and said that I will call in the next few days to hear from him.

"I'll wait for news, Helena. Good luck in the contest, Miss. You will come back victorious. We will be rooting for you! - Bri said hugging me and kissing my face - Good trip and see you soon. I love you!

"Thank you, my angel, thank you very much for your words. I'll need the positive energy of all of you, even hundreds and hundreds of miles away, "he said, smiling." See you soon my Guitar Hero. Love you too!

I kissed Bri's forehead and his face and then left the room. Freddie and John said that tomorrow morning they'll be at the airport to say goodbye to me.

On the way back to the apartment, Rog took me with Clotilde. He parked the car and Clotilde thanked her and she was downstairs. I remained in the passenger seat. Rog was quiet and thoughtful.

- Relax, my angel. "I look forward to having your gift tomorrow.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

- And you still have chances of who knows in the future to be my boyfriend. Everything changed with what happened today, Rog. In you no longer being a father. I just need some time to decide, and this time I'm having as Miss is the best, but, I promise you, the doors are not closed to you. Just as they're open to Bri, it's open to you. "I smile.

"That was all I needed to hear tonight, Helena." He smiled and kissed my face. "I confess that when I saw you talking to Bri, I was afraid that you would not be interested in me anymore, or show that I had no more chances with you, ? But now, a hope has come again.

"Well, you can have hope." I smiled, kissing him on the cheek and forehead.

"I'll pick you up at six in the morning." Be ready. Good night my princess. Said Rog, hugging me.

"Good evening my Drummer Boy," I said to Rog and kissed him on the forehead and he smiled.

Then I get out of his car and he starts his Mini Cooper.

When I walk into the apartment I share with the girls, they were in the living room eating popcorn and watching a movie. I talked to them a bit and said how my day was. Then she said she would go to sleep, for at five in the morning I shall be awake.

Before I slept, Clotilde came into my room and said,

"Helena before I fall asleep, I need to talk to you about some things, which have been left to me, poorly explained.

"What happened, Clotilde?" I asked, startled.

Clotilde sat down in front of me and said,

"Can you tell me what happened between Brian and Roger and you?" I'm not silly, Helena. I've already figured out the way your two friends look at you. I want the whole truth.

And now? All I have to do is talk to Clotilde and I hope this does not get in the way of playing the Miss Universe ...

To be continued.