Chapter 48 - The Bridal Bouquet / January 1975

POV Helena

On January 7, Rog took me to the airport and said goodbye to him. I traveled to Sydney, Australia, for the trip I gained from Miss England. Clotilde went with me. If she had known Bri and Rog had kissed me, but that's beside the point. We went to Sydney and met all the sights of the city, took lots of photos, answered fans. When it was January fifteenth, on Wednesday, I returned to London with Clotilde. I will accompany Veronica and John's marriage and then return to New York. In February I will go to Brazil, Mexico, Canada and in March I will also meet some countries in the African continent.

I arrived in London on the sixteenth, Thursday night. Rog was waiting again, smiling. He greeted Clotilde and headed for the girls' apartment.

On the seventeenth, Clare, Mary, Sarah, Vanessa, among other friends of Veronica, we saw the last details for the wedding of our dear friend. Veronica was nervous, I told her to be calm since she is pregnant. Her parents, who are very conservative, still do not know about pregnancy. Your belly is still unnoticeable. She is two and a half months old. The best thing John and she did was get married now, so people would not realize it.

On the eighteenth, all day, there was the bride's day with Veronica in a beauty salon. There was the godmother and the bridesmaids who are Clare, Sarah, Vanessa, Mary and me.

Veronica chose for the bridesmaids, a gown that would fall red. I loved the color choice of the dress. I love red, blue, black and lilac.

By late afternoon, I was ready with the girls. At six o'clock Rog caught us up at the apartment. The wedding will be at seven in the evening. In half an hour we arrived in front of the church in London.

"Where's Freddie?" - I asked.

And at that moment he parks a limo in front of the church, catching everyone's attention. Rog rolled his eyes, already wondering who it was.

"Freddie, as usual," laughed Roger.

At that moment, Freddie leaves the limousine and greets the other guests, calling them dear ones. I just laughed. Freddie approached us and greeted us and when he saw me he said:

- Dear Helena, I confess that I am falling in love for you, when it finishes the reign of Miss Universe, we can talk what you think?

Freddie, you spoke in a very serious way. I know he loves Mary and if he said that, it was to annoy Roger, who was close to us.

"And your girlfriend, Mary, what's in the story?" Roger asked confused.

"I'm ending my courtship with Mary, to be with Helena. You look gorgeous, my dear, "Freddie said, smiling, kissing my hand.

Clotilde burst into laughter.

"Thank you, Freddie, and if you really want to be my boyfriend, I'll be your girlfriend in the future," he said, laughing, to provoke Roger as well.

"Helena you are more voluble than I am," said Roger indignantly. "While Bri and I are in love with you and we suffer for it, now, you simply say you will be with Freddie? This is bullshit.

"Dear Rog, you accept that Helena will now be my future girlfriend. She already chose me. "Freddie smiled.

During the wedding ceremony of John and Veronica, Rog was in front of me, at the altar. Rog was one of John's pages and I was one of Veronica's bridesmaids. Both Veronica and John were gorgeous and paid attention to the priest's words. We all paid attention and when the priest quoted Corinthians, chapter 13 talking about love, Rog looked at me. Bri was on par with Clare, but she could see that she was looking at me, too. I was paying attention to the priest's words and the biblical quote about love. I have not yet spoken to Rog or Bri, but my heart is slowly creating a great love for one of them, true love, but it is still early in telling who it is. At the right moment they will know ... Both Bri and Rog were beautiful at the wedding. Rog, with her long dark blond hair and blue eyes, caught the attention of the women. Bri with his black curly hair and hazel-green eyes and boyish smile caught the attention of the women as well.

After the religious ceremony, there was a small party for close family and friends. Veronica and John took lots of pictures with the guests and family. In the same photo, Veronica and John took the picture with Rog and I, the picture sure looked beautiful.

Halfway through the party, Veronica announced that she would throw the bouquet of red roses. I told Clotilde that I would go to the middle of the dance floor, with the unmarried girls, to see who would get the bouquet of red roses. Veronica looked at the girls on the runway. She saw me and smiled. Then he threw the bouquet, which came in my direction and I picked it up and everyone applauded.

"Miss Universe has taken the bouquet," said one of the already drunk guests.

I just smiled.

"With who will it be, who will it be, who will Helena marry?" It will depend, it will depend, it will depend on whether Brian or Roger will want - said Freddie singing.

Our friends burst into laughter. I was a bit embarrassed. But, Freddie's right. It will also depend on whether Bri or Rog will want to stay with me.

To be continued.