Chapter Twenty-Three

DISCLAIMER: Like I have said over twenty times before, the only part of this story I own is Nessie and Hallucination, who come from the realms of my imagination. c:

~-~-~-~-~-~

I noticed the weather was starting to get colder as I was sitting up on one of the many rooftops in Gotham. Tonight was especially cold, after Hallucination's announcement. Honestly, I was scared to death when the day came that he found a way out of Juvie. It wasn't like when Riddler or Mr. Freeze escaped; they could be knocked out without a second thought. But if you could command people like puppets, you could be unstoppable. And I was afraid of that happening to me.

"What, no big parties to go to?" I turned around to see Robin standing there.

"Not much of a party girl," I stated as he sat next to me. "How's your Halloween going?"

"Well, I was going to go to a party with the Team, but I had to go to a meeting. By the time it was over, everybody was gone to other parties. But I'd rather spend Halloween with you," Robin shyly admitted. All I did was smile at him. His face soon changed from happy to confused. "What's wrong?"

"What makes you think something's wrong?"

"You would've said something snarky in response to my comment. Don't try lying to me, I know something's up."

"Fine," I sighed, defeated. "I talked to Hallucination tonight." Robin instantly paled, then turned angry.

"Why? How?"

"Batman called me and said that Hallucination wanted to talk to me. So I went to the delinquent center and talked to him."

"What did he want?"

"Um..." I debated about telling him about Hallucination's powers. "He...has powers." Robin looked at me cautiously.

"What powers?"

"He...can control people..."

"Control people? How?"

"Hallucination has psychic powers. Once he finds out about your deepest and darkest secret, he can mind control you. Without you knowing."

"And what does that have to do with you?"

"He knows my secret." There was silence for awhile, then Robin got up. "Where are you going?"

"To the Team's headquarters. We need to talk to Batman."

~-~-~-~

Robin and I were soon standing in front of an old telephone booth located in an alleyway I used to spend my days in after I had escaped from the orphanage.

"What are we doing here? I thought we were going to Mount Justice?" I asked.

"We are. This is called a Zeta Tube." Robin then opened the door to the phone booth.