Ninety Six

She was clawing into his back while he was holding onto her neck with one hand while the other pinned her waist down.

She thrust her head back and let out a laugh, "I really love you Nick."

"Fuck it, wanna get married?" He asked flipping her over onto him.

Now he was the one laying on the leather back seat while she sat on top of him.

"You wanna get married?" She asked him breathlessly he shrugged in response, "Yeah I think you'd be a cool wife."

Valerie moaned, "Let's do it." She told him, slamming herself onto him quicker.

"Fuck." He muttered quietly and to himself under his breath.

-

They walked down the warm twilight streets of Florida, the night slowly transitioning into the early morning.

Nick and Valerie were holding hands. Something they barely ever did.

Valerie's high was wearing off.

She could start hearing whispers and seeing things again, she felt like she was losing her mind. But, the reassurance from having Nick beside her kept her a bit sane.

Nick looked at her and grinned widely before opening the door to the 24 hour pawn shop.

The place was dingy and the walls were covered in a bunch of things like guitars, masks, stereos, televisions, you could get lost in the store going through all the items.

The couple slowly and cautiously looked around the shop, it was empty with only the exception of a man sitting behind the counter watching something on a little TV.

Nick and Valerie surveyed the jewelry in the glass box, the rings came in varieties. Some were gold and others were silver, some had stones and some didn't have anything at all.

Nick kissed the top of her head, "Which one?" He asked her, she chuckled softly and bit down on her lower lip while she looked at the display.

She smiled then pointed at two small and simple weddings bands, thin and gold.

Nick nodded at her and looked over at the man who still didn't offer assistance, "How much for those two?" Nick called out to him.

The man looked over at the couple and groaned as he struggled to get up. He was an overweight guy who seemed to be bothered by the request of standing up.

Reaching the display case he frowned, "$500 for both." He said taking his hat off.

Nick reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, opening it he had realized he left his card back at Marco's house and he was only carrying $300.

He held out the money in his hands, "I got $300 and a bit of weed on me."

The overweight man rolled his eyes and shook his head, "$500 kid."

Nick put the money down on the counter, "I have more back home-"

"$500." He rudely interrupted Nick to which Valerie didn't take a liking to.