Ten Years

☆Jade★

I walked back to my quarters. I could hear the people whispering as I pass by. I paid them no mind and proceeded to the room where I'm currently staying. I was about to enter my room when I felt Daniel behind me. 

"What do you need, Dan? I have no time to spare for your trivial matters." He stood in front of me and crossed his arms. 

"Jade, my friend, we won the war. It's been five years since it started. We need to celebrate. We wouldn't have won without you, you need to be there." I sighed and leaned at the wall beside my door. 

"I don't care. I can celebrate while reading or something. I don't need anyone's company." He just stared at me like I was joking or something. 

"What happened to you? You used to be outgoing and stuff, now you just hate people." I chuckled darkly. 

"Everyone changes, Dan. I have no need for people who are weak, that's why I've come to hate them." I unlocked my door and went inside, leaving Daniel out. I have no need for anyone. Abrael laughed and agreed with me.

'Jade, won't you find your true mate? You'll only recognize that person if you guys kissed.' Dark questioned out of nowhere.

"I have no care for that matter, Dark. A beloved will only make me weak. My decisions will be clouded by my emotions. A ruler shouldn't think like that."

'You and I both know that's not true, Jade. Having someone that you really want to protect can make you stronger. The drive of protecting someone will help you reach something unreachable.'

"Just shut up. Having a beloved or not doesn't matter. The way Jade is right now, I won't consume her. But, I agree with Dark on this matter. I want heirs too, Jade. I want someone who I can teach things. We're what? 22 years old. Make that 27 when we get back to the surface." I shake my head at Abrael's comment.

"Whatever happens, happens. But, don't ever force me to do something that I don't want to do. You guys think I don't want heirs? I want it, bad but having a beloved makes my skin crawl. That experience was enough, I don't need another one like that."

I stripped off my clothes and went to the shower. When I finished taking a bath, I heard something inside the room. I went out of the bathroom wrapped only in a robe, and confront whoever is/are responsible.

💔Jane💔

It has been ten years, and still no sign of Jade. Where are you, my emperor? A tear slid down my cheek. I wiped it quickly before anyone could notice. 

'She won't come back, Jane. We both love Jade, but our mate is Greg. I miss her too, Jane. After all, if everything was just based on love, I would prefer Jade. She takes care of us, unlike Greg who only thinks of himself. But you and I both know we can't go against the bond, especially if it's our mate. The moon goddess forbids it.'

"I need her, Eli. I want to know if she's fine, how she has been doing all these years. I want to beg for her forgiveness, Eli."

'You and I both know that she'll never forgive us, Jane. We caused her so much pain.' After Eli finally said those words out loud, I felt my whole world crumble. I won't allow it. Jade is mine. She was mine since we were kids, and she'll still be mine. I won't allow anyone to steal her away from me. Fuck, mates! All I need is Jade and our little family.

♢Yx♦

Ten years ago, after that incident, I gathered the whole gang, except for Jane, for obvious reasons. We were all furious about what happened, especially Ken and Arn. They almost choked Jane the day after when they saw her at school. Shand and I had to knock them out cold or they would've really done the deed. I confronted Jane about what happened but she gave me no answers.

When I turned 20 years old, I made my own pack. I explained to Alpha Jacob and Luna Lexine the real reason why I refused to be Jane's beta and insisted on making my own pack. They had an investigation, and they were quite disappointed at their only daughter.

Shandril and I got married at 22, and we had a beautiful baby girl, named Ekaterina Jade Montes. Everyone was invited except for Jane and Greg. The Alpha and Luna understood what I felt, so they just left it as it is.

When Uncle Ray and Aunt Jay heard the news, they were more than devastated. Every vampire in their kingdom mourned for their lost princess. They even almost waged a war against Uncle Jacob and Aunt Lexine, but they soon realized that the problem should only be the problem of those involved directly. They never saw Jane as a daughter, unlike before.

Julie, Jade's little sister, is now a beautiful 16-year-old girl. Her sister sadly didn't get to celebrate her 6th birthday with her, since it happened two weeks after Jade disappeared with the Devil. 

Julie is the most kind-hearted vampire ever born. She helps everyone, and literally everyone. I think she's the only person who knew about the history of Jade and Jane and still is nice to Jane after everything that happened. 

"Honey, let's get moving. The ball will happen in a week and I want to be there early." Shandril said while she deposited a peck on my lips. 

"Hurry up, honey. You know this ball happens only once every 50 years. I don't want to miss this one. This will be the first time I get to see Jade's grandparents and great grandmother." She raised her eyebrows at me and tapped her foot on the floor. 

"What about her great grandfather, sweetheart? Isn't he going to attend?"

"I heard rumors that no one has ever seen her great grandfather, not even his son and his grandson." Will you show up this time, Jade? I missed you so much, my dearest best friend. I hope you're doing fine these past 10 years that I'm not there to help you. Actually, I know you'll do just fine. But, I'm afraid of the changes that I will soon witness. 

"Well, in that case, pick our little girl, sweetheart. We still have a flight to catch."