Warning

☆Jade★

"Don't do anything stupid, Ange. She's still a kid. I will not accept you as my daughter's beloved unless you prove yourself to her. My child's happiness is important to me. I won't be greedy and forbid you on ever going near my daughter, but I'll suggest you put some distance, for now. She'll learn to detest you if you ever stop her from experiencing things that she's supposed to experience. Am I understood, Ange?" Angelika glared at me in response. 

She then released her wings to show that she's ready to fight if it needed be. When she made a move towards my daughter, I took it as a threat. Not just me, but also Abrael and Dark. As a response, my wings came out, my eyes glowed with their unnatural colors, and I bared my fangs then released a warning hiss towards Angelika. 

Everyone moved away from us, but I kept my daughter with me, hiding her a little behind my back. "You will stand down, Angelika. I won't hesitate to kill you if I deem you as a threat to my child. This time, I won't kill just your body, but I'll also kill your soul. I'll personally see to it that you'll never be reborn again."

"You won't dare do shit, Jade. You don't want my mate to be mateless now, do you?"

"Try me, Angelika. Have you forgotten that she's my child? She's bound to have a potential mate as I did. But, I won't deny her of her true beloved. That doesn't mean I don't get to kill or torture you. I can in so many ways, Ange. I'm not even talking about physical torture. I am the Devil's successor, it's in my nature, my blood. Better not push my buttons too far, you will surely regret it."

I felt a tug on my pants. "Papa, don't be mad at my mate. Mama said mates are very important." 

I turned around and crouched down before my child. "Little one, papa is not mad at your mate. Papa just wants to protect you. I'm sorry if I scared you, little one." 

She shook her head no and said, "You didn't scare me, papa. I love your wings and your eyes. Can I be like you when I grow up?" I was about to respond to my daughter when I noticed someone coming towards us in my peripheral vision. 

I stood up and turned around. First thing I noticed, Angelika wasn't there anymore. The second thing I noticed, a very familiar face came into view. "Jade, it's been too long. I miss you man. I love what you did to your hair. You look very handsome." I smirked. 

If I didn't know, I would say he's quite gay. "Yx, it's truly been a while. Let's go to the balcony and talk. By the way, thanks. I've grown quite tired of my long hair, that's why it's like this." 

I put my wings away and pick my child up. "I'm sorry for disrupting this evening, everyone. I would like for you to continue what you were doing. I also apologize if I gave you quite a scare. Kindly excuse us."

"Papa, who was that man?" Vladi asked me when we were far enough from everyone. 

"That was my best friend, Yxnnal Montes. Your mama and him are friends too." She just nodded her head in response. Moments later, Yx came into view together with his little family. When Shandril finally saw me, she ran and engulfed me in a hug. 

"I missed you, Jade. Where have you been?" I broke the hug and gave her a small smile. 

"I miss you too, Shand. Been somewhere."

"Hands off my mate, Jade. I'm getting quite jealous." Yx said in a joking manner when he and his daughter finally reached us. "This is my daughter, Ekaterina Jade Montes. We named her after you because we weren't sure if you were ever coming back, and you played a big part in my relationship with Shand. Thanks a lot, man." 

Did I just hear him right? Ekaterina Jade? The same name, seriously? What a fucking coincidence.  "You're welcome. This is quite a coincidence. This is my daughter, and her name is Vladi Ekaterina Jade. She's my child with Jane." 

"You- you had a child with Jane?" Yx asked wide-eyed. 

"I guess. I felt pull a while ago. I saw this kid here, in the balcony looking for her father. Then, I saw Jane and thought that maybe Gregory Verse is her father, since last time I saw them, they were doing whatever. I told this kid that Gregory wasn't invited, and it would be quite impossible. She then told me the name of her father, and I asked Jane for confirmation, and here we are." Yx and Shand just stared at my daughter, examining her closely. 

"Well, she does have some of your features. Based on her clothing, I think she's an intersex too. Fate is playing with you so hard, Jade. You won't ever be able to escape that despicable woman."

"My mama isn't despicable, Uncle Yx." Vladi suddenly interjected. I just patted her head and gave her a small smile. She isn't despicable because she's way more evil than that. 

"It's fine, Yx. I have a daughter and a mate to focus on, so I think I'll be fine."

"Mama isn't your mate, papa?"

"She's my potential mate, Vladi. But, she isn't my true mate. Your mother and I have a very complicated past. I will explain it to you when you're a little bit older. For now, just understand that your mother is with Gregory and I am with someone else. But, I will always be your father. You can consider my mate as your stepmother if you want."

"Tito Greg is bad. Can I meet your mate then, papa?" 

"Can we meet her too, Jade?" Shand suddenly asked. I forgot they were even here.  

"Of course." 

Shand asked a question that caught me quite off guard. "Jade, what are you, really? Why do you have wings? A mismatched one at that. Your eyes are different, YOU are different. It seems that you talk quite awkwardly with us." I smirked. She became quite observant.  

"Hmm, I'm still a pure blooded vampire, I guess. I just have the Devil's genes in me. I have no idea why it happened, it's just that it happened. For my wings and eyes, they were always like that. You can ask Yx, he was there. I talk quite awkwardly because I'm trying to get used in feeling emotions, again. I lost my emotions ten years ago. It went back the moment I saw my mate for a second time. I gave my word that I would try for her, and for my little sister and now, for my daughter."

"Wait, a second time?" Yx and Shand raised their eyebrows. 

"I met her for the first time when I was still with Jane. Before you question me why I didn't recognize her, I also don't know the answer to that. I was intrigued at her, but I was a fool in love that's why I just ignored my interest and stayed faithful. That proved to be the worst decision I've ever made. Well, my interest came back when I saw her after ten years, she's the Devil's assassin. I won't be able to recognize my mate unless I received a kiss from her. I did receive a kiss after I drank her blood and I keep on hearing her thoughts and I can't seem to block them out." 

When Shand was about to respond, her daughter interjected and said, "Mommy, I'm hungry." Then her daughter gives her a pout. 

"Excuse us, Jade. Our little princess is hungry. We'll catch up later, okay?" I just nodded at Yx and waved them goodbye. 

"Papa, I have a question." I swear this kid is like getting smarter every minute. 

"What is it?" I hope she doesn't question why we're both intersex, because I don't have an answer to that. It's not like I designed our anatomies like this.  

"Papa, please answer me honestly. Are you really over mama? Do you really not love her anymore?"