Time Limit

☆Jade★

I just scratched the back of my head and smiled. Before I could form a reply, I was suddenly enveloped by darkness. "Jade, JADE!!" I could faintly hear someone calling my name. 

"Why am I here?"  I looked around but I could see nothing but darkness around me. 

'Why did you ever come here, Jade?' I could hear Dark's voice asking me.

"Yeah, why Jade? You're not supposed to be here."

"Where is here?"  Dark and Abrael suddenly appeared in front of me. They looked at me worriedly. 

'This is the place inside of your mind where only two can enter since the other is supposed to be in control of the body.'

"Then, why am I here? What exactly is happening?"

'You must've blacked out. Something might've triggered it. Tell me, Jade. Did you notice the pain in your chest?'  I shook my head no. Abrael and Dark just looked at each other. 

"Jade, I'm afraid your time is really running out. I estimated that more or less you'll have three days left. Why are you being careless? Don't you understand that Rias will also feel the pain?"

'On that note, we don't have to worry. Rias is fine since Jade already stabilized her, but it won't last long. Jade, what will you do?'  I squatted down. I punched myself in the face, hoping I would wake up, but no such luck. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"  I ignored Abrael and continued punching my face. Someone touched my fist to stop it from hitting my face. When I looked up, I noticed Dark with a worried look on her face. 

'Please, stop it, Jade. You're just hurting yourself unnecessarily.'  I sighed and just nodded for Dark to let my fist go. 

"I can't feel any pain. No matter what I do, I'm afraid I won't feel any pain at all. I don't want to burden Rias with this. She doesn't deserve any of this. I'm a fucking failure. What's the use of being strong, having many accomplishments, when I can't even protect my own beloved from myself. What am I supposed to do? I'm seriously so lost here."  Abrael came closer and patted my head. They both squatted down in front of me. 

"Jade, listen here. You need to mark and mate with Rias as soon as you can. Before you lose yourself, before I consume you completely, you need to mate with her. If you don't manage to mate with her, you'll lose yourself, that's the first thing that will happen. They probably have a week at most before the time to consume you completely comes. Honestly, I don't want to consume you, but it's meant to happen." 

Abrael released an exasperated sigh and continued, "If it comes to that, ask Father for help. This body will live, but it's going to be empty. A monster who knows nothing but chaos. Tell Father to lock us up, somewhere far. If possible tell him to lock us up in the Abyss. That place is our last resort. That's the only place where we can't touch anyone. Rias will be safe. Honestly, if she didn't come to our lives as our beloved, I wouldn't tell these things to you. I prefer to end this world with me. Now, I have to think not just Rias' safety, but also Vladi's. It has only been a few days, but I love her so much already. You are worthy to be called a master of mine, Jade."

I shake my head and smile a little. "It seems like we are planning my funeral. I've decided that I won't tell Rias about the time limit. I don't want her to be pressured in doing things with me. I know for sure that she'll agree with it, but I want to show her something that no one has ever seen. That includes my darkest side. I want to know, to see if she'll be able to accept, to love a monster like me. If by chance I truly do lose myself, my will to protect and not hurt Rias, I will make sure it'll live." 

"I quite agree with what you said, Abrael. I would also want to bring this world down with me. I mean, it rejected me of my happiness. But, the world gave Rias to me, not just Rias but also Vladi. I'm really thankful. I thought I wouldn't feel any happiness, and I was just kind of content waiting for my destruction. All's changed now though." 

"Dark, I know that you can get out of my body on your own accord. I also know that your time limit got longer when Abrael joined us. By any chance, please don't ever tell Rias or give her any clues. I want to know if she's really willing to fight or to die for me. Just come out when Rias or Vladi's life is really in immediate danger. Rias will be able to protect Vladi, but not from me." 

"I really thought my world ended when I discovered Jane's betrayal. Now, I think of it as the beginning of my journey, my story. I'm actually thankful that she betrayed me. It made me stronger mentally and emotionally. Sadly, the friendship that we had needs to end too. Trust sure is a fickle thing, especially if it involves someone you used to love."  Dark put a hand on my shoulder. She stared at me intensely, trying to figure out what I am really thinking. 

'Jade, you do know that what you're trying to do is very dangerous, right? It might cost you not just your life, but also your loved ones. Why not be selfish for once and just mate with Rias. Tell her what's really going on.'

"Let her be, Dark."  Abrael interjected. 

"That's why I need you to fulfill the task I left you if by chance I do lose myself. I can't be selfish, Dark. Since I know that Rias will agree to anything if I just really ask her, I won't do it. I just can't. It just seems to go against my principles. I just can't use that weakness on her. I do hope you really understand where I'm coming from, Dark."  She just sighed and nodded. 

"Don't worry though. I won't let Abrael consume me completely. If they don't succeed in bringing me back, then I'll do it myself. I won't lose that easily."  I sent a wink towards Abrael. 

She just smirked. "You surely don't know who you're challenging, Jade. On another serious note, it seems that Rias succeeded in infiltrating your mind. It'll be a second now and we might be able to meet her."  WHAT?!?! What is she doing here? Never mind that, how did she get inside?