Kiss

☆Jade★

I broke the kiss and made a move to lean my head away, but before I could do so, she snaked her arms around my neck and smashed her lips on mine. I can't describe how surprised I am by the way things turned out. 

There was a sudden burning feeling in my chest, but it's not a bad one, it's hot but also warm. It aches, but not a bad ache. What is this? Why am I feeling like this? I don't understand.

'Jade, she is the one. She's our mate.' Dark gleefully exclaimed.

"We found her. We finally have someone to protect and dedicate our lives with." Abrael added.

"No, no, no. I can't. I'm not ready. I just can't." I shake my head in absolute terror.

'Why? We finally have her, Jade. WE. HAVE. HER. What's wrong with you?'

"Are you depriving me of my chance at happiness? At knowing what 'love' can offer?"

"NO! I'm not. I just- I just need time. That's all I need. It's too soon for this."

'WHY ARE YOU HESITATING?! GODDAMNIT!!' 

"You want to know why?! Fine. I. AM. AFRAID. I AM GODDAMN AFRAID OF GETTING HURT!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I LOVED HER, OKAY?! I LOVED JANE FOR A VERY LONG FUCKING TIME!! AND WHAT DID SHE GIVE ME IN RETURN? NOTHING!! FUCKING GODDAMN NOTHING!! SHE EVEN BETRAYED ME, LIED IN FRONT OF MY FACE!! DID SHE EVEN CONSIDER WHAT I WOULD FEEL? FUCKING GODDAMN NO!!" 

"I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING EXPERIENCE THAT ALL OVER AGAIN!! ONCE WAS ENOUGH! IT WAS ENOUGH! ENOUGH FOR ME TO LOSE FAITH IN THIS THING CALLED LOVE! ENOUGH FOR ME TO BE WARY OF ANYONE, ESPECIALLY MY OWN BELOVED! ENOUGH FOR ME TO BE AFRAID IN LOVING SOMEONE SO UNCONDITIONALLY AGAIN!! Why can't you understand that? All I need is time. All I need is reassurance. All I need is to be able to feel, to love someone again, without being terrified of the risks that I will take."

"When will you stop being scared? When she's not here anymore? When she finally realized that her beloved is an utter piece of bullshit and that she doesn't need YOU in her life? When she also realized that you're not worth the wait? When she finally realized that her beloved is actually a wuss and not worth anything? When? Tell me when, Jade. Or are you just making excuses for your own incompetence?"

'Abrael, no. Jade is far from incompetent. I believe that she has her shortcomings, but she's far from it. Let's try to give her time. It's been really hard. We were there too, Abrael. Even if you didn't say anything, I knew that you were hurt too by the betrayal that Jane did. It's just that we don't have any deep connections or attachments to Jane, unlike Jade. So, let's give it a shot. If she's really worth it, she won't mind the wait that much.'  Dark reasoned out. Abrael just huffed. 

"Fine."

I broke the kiss and immediately teleported back to the garden. "Jady, where were you?" I looked at Julie and forced myself to smile and respond. 

"Uhh, somewhere, just somewhere. I, uhh- nevermind." She just looked at me weirdly but didn't really say anything.

♤Rias♠

What the fuck just happened? I touched my lips and smiled. She kissed me! I've been trying to imagine what it would feel like, I can't believe it just happened. But, why did she disappear? Was she embarrassed? She didn't have to be embarrassed about the kiss. I enjoyed it, more than I should. Did she also feel something really warm in her chest when we kissed? Did she also feel these foreign things that I've been feeling? Does that mean she has feelings for me?  I can't seem to stop the smile on my face, and I still can't believe it happened. 

I just continued watching the ceiling, enjoying it as the flashback of the kiss keeps on playing in my mind. 'You seem happy, Rias.' I snapped back into reality when I heard a voice speaking to me in my head. 

"Who are you?" It just chuckled in reply. 

'Me? I am Dark. Jade and I are pretty close.' I furrowed my eyebrows at this reply.

"What do you want?" I asked warily.

'I want you to help Jade feel again, Rias. We both know that she is your mate, but I don't think she'll surrender that easily. Let's just say that she's been through so much. Gain her trust, her love,  and keep it. Don't do any unnecessary things that'll make Jade lose her trust. She won't be able to survive if it will happen for a second time. Much more if it comes from you. She'll definitely lose her very self, and maybe the world too.' 

'We both love Jade, Rias. That's why I want her to be happy. I didn't get to save her from the suffering that she was meant to feel. It makes me feel so powerless, so vulnerable, so weak, and that's far from the truth. I want to save her this time. So, fulfill your innermost desires for me, Rias. In time, you will learn who I really am.'

"You love Jade? Are you supposed to be my rival? What's your role in Jade's life?" 

The voice called Dark just chuckled and whispered, "Goodbye, my dearest Rias." Dearest Rias?  What the fuck?  The voice just vanished after that. I tried calling for it, but it seems that it's really gone.

I decided to get out of the room and try to explore. As I was rounding a corner, I bumped into someone. I started apologizing profusely. I then help the person to stand up and stared at their face. Recognition soon flashed in my eyes. She's Jade younger sister, Julie. "I'm really sorry, Miss Julie. I was looking for your sister and got a little distracted with my thoughts." 

She patted my shoulder and said, "It's no problem. You said you were looking for Jady? She's in the garden, she's-"

I didn't let Miss Julie finish her words and thanked her. I immediately made my way back to the garden, enthusiasm flooded my veins by the thought of seeing her again.

When I reached the center, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There at the farthest side, by the corner, away from the prying eyes stood Jade with that girl Angelika. Even when I can only see Jade's back, I think her and that Angelika girl is kissing. How am I supposed to wait for you, Jade? When it seems that you already have your eyes set on someone else.