Happy Day

☆Jade★

I tapped my foot relentlessly as I waited for my dad and Father. I took a deep breath and tried to relax my nerves. I paced back and forth then bit my lip in anticipation. 'Why don't you just relax? It's not like something wrong will happen.' 

"Don't jinx it, D. This is very important. They are wasting my precious time." The door opened and they came in. 

"Who's wasting your precious time?" My dad asked. 

I glared at both of them. "Da, Father, what took you so long? Don't tell me you got lost, because there's no way in hell that you'll get lost." They looked at each other and started biting their lip. Like father like grandson.

"My heir, calm down. We just went to see your beloved. We wanted to know how she's doing." When I heard what Father said, I snapped.

"My beloved?! You get to see Rias, and I don't? How is this even fair on my part?!" I raised my voice towards the end. 

"Jade, you know it's tradition. Be patient. I raised you well. Remember that."

I sigh. "I'm sorry for the unnecessary outburst. It's just that not being able to see her, not being able to touch her, or even feel her presence is excruciating. I understand that it's tradition, but this is simply unacceptable. How am I supposed to protect her?"

My dad made me sit and Father patted my back. "My heir, you have to remember that your beloved is a strong woman. She can take care of herself. I know you're just being protective, but sometimes it's just too much. You'll end up suffocating her. You have to let her run wild at times. She's not meant to be imprisoned by your love."

Me? Imprisoning her? I'm not trying to imprison her. I'm just protecting her. I'm trying to keep her safe. I can't let her get taken away. I just can't lose her again.

I bit my lip. "Jade, what grandpa meant was, Rias is a beautiful, strong-willed woman. She can take care of herself. She's not this fragile woman that you make her out to be. I know all you want to do is protect her from anything that may cause her harm. But in doing so, you are depriving her of being who she really is." 

"You must not forget that before she knew you, she was a demon assassin. She continued to be after she knew you. Being an assassin is in her blood. Being a fighter is in her blood. You are currently depriving her by keeping her close to you, by not letting her run free. It's like you're telling her to stop being who she is. That's not love. I know you know that I'm right, Jade."

I slumped down on the chair. I threw punches on the side of my head. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." 

I keep throwing punches until my father got a hold of my wrist and held it tightly. I easily freed my hand then stood up. I threw the chair I was sitting on against the wall. I dashed to the mirror and threw a punch on it. Watching the shattered pieces fall and some of it piercing my knuckles.

'Don't mind Jade's overreaction. She is extremely furious at herself right now for hurting our beloved. You two really have a good way of saying it. Blame yourself if this gets out of control.' D suddenly said to my dad and Father, then took full control.

I sat back as D took control of my body."Stupid! Why am I being so stupid?!" I threw another punch at the side of my head. 

'You should really stop that, Jade. This is supposed to be a happy day.' I glared at D. 

'Sleep for now. I'll handle everything from now on. I'll wake you up when the time comes.' 

Before I could say something in protest, I notice that I'm losing focus and that I'm starting to fall asleep. "Wh- what did you d- do?"