Wake up

♤Rias♠

I woke up when I felt someone looming over me, but I didn't open my eyes. I felt a kiss on my lips and heard a whisper 'goodnight'. I smiled and opened my eyes. I noticed Jade was already asleep, her arms wrapped around us. 

Would it have gone far if Vladi didn't barge in? Would she have mated with me? Damn, I love that woman so much. Years of searching, waiting, I finally got what's rightfully mine. Jade, what kind of future have you envisioned for us?  I shook my head and decided to just sleep, hoping for another wonderful day to come.

I fluttered my eyes open and noticed the empty space beside me. It looks undisturbed. I guess I was just dreaming all of that. *sigh* Was I too delusional? Was I too far in my head? I should've known. A lowly assassin like me isn't fit for a future empress like Jade. She wouldn't accept a lowlife like me. I should've let myself be killed. 

I'm worthless, useless, unloved, unwanted. The Devil can easily replace me, I am replaceable after all. I worth nothing to anyone. Why was I even born like this? Why weren't Jade and I just simple people who fell in love with each other? Why does it have to be so complicated? Why can't I have her?  

I got out of bed and did my usual morning routine. I noticed that I wasn't in my room, I observed my surroundings and did a mental note. Where am I?

I took cautious steps towards the door. I'm on high alert, every sound that I hear is a clue for me. I will kill my captors and escape from here. I still need to find Jade and make sure she's alright. Damn, why do I have to be so reckless? I know Jade can take care of herself, but I still can't help it and worry nonetheless. So stupid! 

'You're far from stupid, my beloved.'  A voice suddenly told me in my head. 

"You're Dark, right?"  The voice chuckled. 

'Indeed, I am.'

"I am not your beloved, Dark. I am Jade's. I belong solely to her."

'Even if she won't accept you? Even if she'll just throw you away?'

"Yes, even if she'll just disregard me and my feelings. I know, I am not worthy of her. I know where I stand. I know that I will mean nothing to her. I know, Dark, and because I know, I'll stay. I'll stay until I breathe my last. I'll stay with her. I want to be there any time that she needs me, yet I'm not there by her side now. What kind of assassin am I? What kind of mate am I?"

'A very loving beloved, Rias. I, no, we love Jade. We'll do anything to protect her. So, please listen to me carefully. Mate with Jade as soon as possible, before Jade won't be completely Jade anymore. Jade might not have noticed this, but she's having constant chest pains. She's been numb for far too long, and she's barely used to her emotions now. She's doing the best that she can. Help her, Rias. Seduce her or whatever, just save my companion, my friend, my very own self.'

"Your self?"  Dark vanished quickly in my head. What the heck did Dark mean by that? Is Jade in some immediate danger right now? Chest pains? She's not showing any signs of pain anywhere though. And what is this about her very own self? Who is Dark in Jade's life?

Rias... I heard my name being called. Rias... 

☆Jade★

I kept on calling Rias' name. She just won't wake up, and it seems that she's having a nightmare. "Rias, wake up. Please wake up. I can't bear watching your face contort in such painful expression. Please, Rias." 

She finally woke up after a couple of minutes full of shaking and calling out to her. "Jade?" 

Vladi suddenly jumped to hug Rias. "Mommy! We were so worried about you. No matter how much I shake you and daddy calling out your name, you just won't wake up." 

"Vladi? I thought it was just all a dream." I raised my eyebrows at this. 

"What dream are you talking about, love? We had a long yet very eventful night, last night. It wasn't a dream, it was reality. Would you rather have our intimate moments as a dream then?" I got saddened by the thought of my last statement. Does she not want me anymore? *scoff* I should've known.  

"Jade, don't even give a single thought about that. I want a dream where you're there just as much as I want a reality where you're here with me. I want everything that you are."

"What about me, mommy?" We both turned to Vladi. I smiled and patted her on the head. 

"Of course, you too, Vladi. If possible, I would want us to be.."

"To be what, mommy?" I looked at Rias and sighed. 

"Nothing, baby. Come on, let's go downstairs. We'll make mommy breakfast. We still have to greet the rest of the family."

"But, daddy. I don't want to leave mommy here. She's not feeling well. I'll take care of her." Rias shook her head. 

"I'll catch up with you and daddy later, Vladi. Go on, I know the others wanted to get to know you. You haven't gotten to know them. Please, for mommy." Vladi nodded and dragged me to the door. 

I walked back to Rias and gave her a kiss on the lips. "Come down, okay? I'll wait for you." She smiled and nodded. I walked backed to Vladi and we both went downstairs towards the kitchen.

"Jade, you need to tell Rias about us soon. We need to know if she'll be able to accept us. We need to plan if ever she'll reject us because of how monstrous we are. We need to think of a strategy to win her back if ever she doesn't accept us. Hurry, Jade. We need to think fast."  Abrael told me frantically. 

"She'll accept us when she knows, Abrael. She can't possibly reject me. Me, Abrael. Everyone wants me."  Abrael scoffed. 

"This is no time for your egotistical attitude, Jade. Rias is not the same as everyone. She is much, much more."

"You can't seriously take a joke, you know. What happens, happens. It is an inevitability, Abrael." Abrael just glared and huffed. 

"Good morning everyone." I heard a chorus of replies. I smiled and shook my head. 

"What do you want, Vladi?" 

"Cookies and cream pancakes with strawberries on top." What? Does that kind of food even exist? What has Jane been feeding my child?  

"Cookies and cream? Is that even healthy for you to eat?" I tuned out on what my daughter replied when I heard what Dark has said, and most specifically the worried tone that she used.

'Jade, hurry back to Rias. She has collapsed on the bathroom floor. Blood keeps flowing out of her body. It came from her chest. Hurry, before it's too late.'