Chapter 28

Haymitch POV

There's someone there for us waiting. Once they get the first glance at each other, they rush towards each other as if they were running for the Cornicopia.

I glace at Odair. He looks as if he is a ghost of himself. It's like all hope and life in him is slipping away.

They tell us he was found in a cellar. That he was barely alive. It's hard to believe, but seeing it right in front of us, makes it hard not to.

I gather my strength and I walk up. I pat Odair on the arm in a consoling way.

"Welcome back Peeta. We've missed you," I say.

Finnick POV

I see Haymitch walk up so I follow. Haymitch says his greeting, then I go up beside him. Before I can speak, Peeta pulls me into a hug and says, "Thank you, for keeping her safe when I couldn't. For being there for he when I was gone."

In that moment my heart breaks. I don't know what to think anymore. I don't know what to feel. But all I know is I have to do this one thing.

Haymitch POV

I see the pain in their eyes. Katniss, she has a pain that's torn between the two. And Finnick, it seems that he has already lost hope.

There are sayings in the District that the star-crossed lovers are back. But, the question for me is which pair. Katniss and Peeta? Or Katniss and Finnick?