|20| Julius

Jaden

I cautiously walked into the rehearsal room with my gun drawn out in front of me. Hands slightly trembling, my breath held at the back of my throat. I'm a tiny bit nervous and this room being so dark isn't helping me feel any more confident.

Scratch that... I'm a lot a bit nervous! The place was so damn dark that I could barely make out what exactly was around me. The only source of lighting in the room was coming from the exit sign sitting right above the door which only gave off a dim red glow to that area. Other than that, it felt as if I was walking around with both of my eyes shut.

"Is anyone home?" I asked, still scanning the area and searching the walls for a switch.

A soft whimper responded, making me freeze for a moment. The hell was that? I could hear but I couldn't see the person. I let out a soft breath to keep from startling anyone before I followed the sound to one of the dark corners, faintly spotting a child surrounded by dolls with her back turned to me.

I think I just walked into a horror movie scene. If those dolls turn their heads and tell me to come play with them, I'm dipping.

I slowly approached the girl, eyeing those creepy old fashioned dolls.

"Hey... Are you alright?" I knelt down beside her.

"I don't want any more toys. I want to go home!" she cried.

I rubbed her back to quiet her, "Toys? No, I'm not here to bring you toys. I'm gonna get you to safety. Come on." I helped her up.

Her cold hands gripped mine tightly as I led her towards the door. I knew she was terrified because her palms were moist with sweat and she kept looking around our surroundings anxiously as we moved which caused me to do the same. It was clear that she wasn't alone in this room. That we weren't alone.

"Let go of my daughter!" a bold voice demanded.

I whipped around, aiming my gun towards the sound. A woman in a black and red dress walked out of the sea of shadows with a leather whip in her hand.

Fire Catcher...

"She isn't your real mom, is she?" I asked the girl in a whisper.

She shook her head then wrapped her arms around my waist, hiding from Fire Catcher.

"Come to mama, Cynthia..." Fire Catcher said sweetly, holding her hand out, her long, razor-sharp black fingernails pointing directly at her as she added, "You'll be safe with me." She smiled but her eyes were cold, shooting icicles at us as if daring us to leave. Behind that wicked smile were warnings, threats. She was pure viciousness.

I slowly backed away from her, "Let's go." I told the girl, grabbing her hand then making a run for it.

"Halt!" Someone yelled, striking me in the face with something hard and knocking me over. The girl screamed at the impact but I couldn't see where she went.

"No one... Is going anywhere..." Freak Show twirled his bat, coming in my direction.

What the hell?!

I backed away raising my eyebrow at Fire Catcher then back to Freak Show, confused. In fact, I was so perplexed that I didn't even realize that I was in pain, "Wait... Both of you are here?"

He only laughed with a hint of mockery in his voice. He then yanked me up by my shirt so he could glare at me with his large pale eyes, burning holes into my soul as he said, "I want you to leave now or we'll be having a two for one special tonight... With your name on the menu."