|27| Tear It Up

Nicole

"There you go! Nice form!" Coach clapped as I flipped and twirled down the long blue mat. By the time I got to the end, I did a double flip in the air then landed perfectly on my feet.

"Yes!" he jogged over to me and handed me a water bottle. "There's a lot of energy in that little body of yours."

I shrugged, gulping down the water. I've always had plenty of stamina in my system to get through my assignments. This wasn't anything new to me.

He dabbed the sweat off of my face and neck with a small towel, "You've gotten a lot more flexible now, which is good. Less for me to worry about."

"I guess I have you to thank for almost dislocating my limbs during yoga countless times."

"Is that it?" He smirked. "Or has a certain perfectionist been trying to master the art on her own time after finding out she's not too good at it."

"Is that what you think?" I chuckled and handed him the bottle, soon admitting, "Okay... Maybe I have been practicing a bit since our last session."

He smiled proudly, "Good to hear. Now, let's get out to the shooting range."

"Already?"

"Yup. An hour a station. We have to keep up with time, remember?"

I nodded, "Alright, I'll go change... And shower."

This spandex was getting kind of gross and sticky on my skin. I didn't plan ahead on bringing my own outfit for gymnastics so I had to be stuck with bad quality rental gear.

"You can change. But there isn't any time for a shower. You can do that after we finish."

I gave him a small sneer, "Right... Well, don't complain if I start smelling like a musty asshole alright, cause I don't want to hear it."

He laughed, "I... Won't make any promises."

"Whatever, you have a scissor?" I fanned myself, getting irritated.

"No, why would you need it?"

"My skin is stuck to this outfit and I can't get out of it." I demonstrated by trying to pull my arm out of one of its sleeves but I couldn't even get it passed my shoulder.

He laughed, watching me struggle, "That isn't my fault."

"You gave me the outfit..."

"It was all they had left in the rental station. Maybe if you'd brought your own, you wouldn't have been stuck with this one..." He snickered, "Literally."

"Maybe you should shut your hole and get me some scissors." an hour in this thing was more than enough to piss me off. I felt like I was trapped in plastic wrap, standing under a heater. It didn't bother me as much when I was moving around in it but now it felt like I was going to pass out.

Coach crossed his arms, "I'm not cutting you out. I don't have money to replace that... Here, how about I help you out." he put his hand on my back and began to lead me to walk with him but I stopped.

"You're going to help me take this off..."

He nodded.

"Isn't that... You know, a little weird?"

He chuckled, "I don't know, do you find me helping you to be weird?" He observed my expression before he told me, "If that... Bothers you, then I could go see if another staff is available, or even better, you could move on with the rest of training in the suit-"

"No! No, there isn't time... Get this shit off of me." I gritted my teeth.

He laughed, "Okay then. Let's go." he grabbed my gym bag for me, "I'm sure there's someone in the check-up room who'd be more than happy to help." he said as he led me there. The check-up room was where we went to make sure we were the correct weight for our height, drug and alcohol-free, and where we get our vitamins or work out enhancing pills, which I've never believed in. Only the Coaches were allowed to let you in for safety reasons but people have snuck in there in the past to get their hands on some muscle and performance enhancers.