|67| Turtleneck Boy

Nicole

I can't believe any of this right now! I can't believe that, for the whole four months I've been carrying, this thing could actually belong to Jackson?

That's what I get...

That's what I get for not trusting Jaden, that's what I get for becoming a puppet to my emotions.

Stupid! Stupid stupid STUPID!

When I finally found the limo in the lot, I aggressively tried the handle a few times quickly realizing that the car was locked and the chauffeur was nowhere to be found which made the blood in my veins boil in aggravation and anger.

"Bullshit!" I scanned the lot for a moment and soon noticed Simon talking to Janet by his jeep.

I can't let him see me-

"Nicole!" Simon smiled and waved me over from a distance.

I widened my eyes and backed away. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Should I run or stay or maybe shoot him?

I could feel myself begin to panic internally.

I knew he was confused by the way he scrunched his eyebrows at me and I wasn't going to say shit to him. He would ask questions. He would get mad. He would disown me for being a slut.

And I'm not a slut!

I backed into one of the agents who were just getting out of their car. I recognized him as the rookie, Trey, the one who screwed up during one of my trainings.

"Hey watch it- Oh... I mean, good morning Agent Greene." He saluted nervously.

I sneered at him then noticed Simon in the distance beginning to walk towards me.

Fuck!

I quickly turned back to the agent, immediately demanding him, "Give me your keys..."

"Wh- what?"

"Give me your keys!"

He hesitated and shook his head, "I... I can't do that, sir- ma'am!"

Simon began to pick up his pace, "Nicole, what's the matter with you?"

Out of panic, I shoved Trey against his car and quickly began to pat him down until I found his keys and pulled it out of his pocket.

"Hey! What the hell?"

I shoved him to the ground and hopped into his ride, trying hard not to freak out. It was kind of difficult not to do that since I could see Simon running towards me now with his face stern and angry. Furious.

My hands trembled as I struggled to get the key in the ignition, my eyes constantly bounced back and forth from the rearview to my hand as my heart pounded from anxiety. Once I successfully inserted the key, I turned the car on, hearing Simon yell, "Nicole what are you doing?!"

The less you know, the better.

I stomped on the gas and screeched into the road, speeding away from headquarters without looking back.

* * * * *

When I was far enough away from headquarters, I've decided not to go home because that would most likely be the first place anyone would look. Instead, I ended up driving for more than an hour into the depths of the least visited areas of downtown until I realized that I was becoming seriously hungry. Soon, I decided to stop at a small sandwich shop. The nearest one I could find to me.