[40] Nothing's Gonna Hurt You, Baby

The distance between them got shorter, until the man running towards her was grabbed by two men. "Don't move or you will die," Scar spoke as he discreetly pointed a knife at his back.

"Phil!" Chloe screamed then made her pace faster, finally catching up to Phil who then was struggling from the two unidentified men's strong grip. Her two companions followed her. "Let him go! What do you want from him?" She shouted at the unidentified men.

The 6-foot brute man with an unknown symbol tattooed on his cheek shoved Chloe away from them. "Go away, princess."

Phil punched one of them in the face and that caused a scene, startling people around them. Scar Harold's presence startled the two men and they both retreated, finally leaving Phil with Chloe.

She rushed towards him, embracing him tightly. "Who are they? What do they want from you?"

"Are you okay?" Phil asked, checking if she's hurt or something.

"Those are Jesse's bodyguards whenever he goes to Carlos, you guys are lucky because they're dumb enough to cause a scene," Harold told them. "I think it's best if you leave the city."

Chloe couldn't bear another thought or moment of losing Phil. She's about to cry due to the fact that the man she loves is in danger because of her. "Phil..." She felt warm liquid on her hand and she saw blood.

He cupped her face and spoke, "Jesse won't let me see you again and I wouldn't let that happen. Let's run away, raise our baby together." He started to get light-headed.

"He's bleeding!" She cried then felt he was getting heavier. "Harold! Teddy!"

Phil was starting to lose sight of color. "I'm okay. I'm gonna be a father, right?" He said to Chloe with a faint smile on his face.

Chloe, Harold, and Teddy immediately brought him to the hospital nearby. The doctor told her that Phil is going to be fine despite the stab would lightly lacerated his liver.

"Is Jesse capable of killing someone?" Chloe asked Harold as she held Phil's hand, waiting for him to wake up.

Harold looked away from her. Jesse has placed a hit on several people who owed him money. He murdered an innocent child just to get back on one of his former business who screwed him.

The troubled Jesse wore his mask to conceal his true form - a man with no conscience, a man of greed and pride.

"Tell me, Harold..." her voice broke after the long silence that implied the existence of Jesse's cruelty.

"I suggest you elope with Phil, Chlo." It's the only way she could escape Jesse Pike's wrath.

Chloe's tears fell once again, still refusing to believe that the person she trusted the most could be the devil himself. She felt Phil hold her hand and that took the pain away she's feeling.

"Chloe?" Phil opened his eyes and smiled at her. "Where am I?"

"Don't you dare do something stupid again, Phil..." she started to cry then embraced him. "You're in the hospital, dummy."

"I didn't feel pain, only anger because he hurt you," Phil said then kissed her hair. "I'm alright, baby."

"I thought I would lose you," she looked at his face.