[44] Small World

This is just a quick update haha!

-

Chloe watched the man and Star walk away. He's evidently angry, she wondered why. The tall stranger with blue eyes seemed to be in pain.

She called Dmitri that night while taking a warm relaxing bath. "Babe, I was with this kid named Star. The cute little girl I told you about?"

Dmitri was eager to listen since he'd rather talk to Chloe than save the company from a scandal 'caused by negligence. He hasn't slept as he thought of ways to solve the problem. By the time Chloe returns to New York, everything should be settled so they can get married. "What about the kid?"

"Her dad... he was hostile, he warned me to stay away. It's like he knew me."

"Did he hurt you? Did you get his information? You should've called the cops. Do you want me to go-" Dmitri's panic was halted when Chloe cut him off.

"I'm fine," she sighed. "But you know, it feels like he's someone I know."

"You broke a lot of guys," Dmitri commented.

"The way he looked at me, it's different. It felt familiar," she muttered as she recalled the man's electric blue eyes, how his forehead wrinkled in angst.

"You know what, you need to rest. You're tired, you're overthinking things."

"You're the one who needs rest," Chloe corrected as she smirked. "Did you sleep last night?"

"I fucking miss you so much."

"We're going to be together again, okay?"

"Promise?"

She raised her pinky finger for him to see. "I promise."

"Are you going to be mad if I show up there?"

"Yes. You promised that I will have this time for myself."

Dmitri smiled at her, "Sleep well tonight, love."

The following morning, Chloe approaches the man with ocean blue eyes. He dismisses her, "Stay away from us."

However, Star insisted that they talk to the nice lady.

"Have we met?" Chloe politely asked. "I'm sorry if I can't remember. I was in an accident a year ago."

"You don't remember me?" The man spoke.

She shook her head.

He can never forget her innocence at that moment. She's beautiful and free from pain. She must've been doing so well without me, he thought.

"Dad, are you angry?"

"I'm not angry at you, sweetheart." The man replied.

Why would she act as if she doesn't know me? The man still stared at her then turned his attention to Laurie.

"Laurie, why were you letting my daughter hang with a stranger? What did she tell you?"

"She's my new playmate, dad," Star retorted. "And she looks like my mommy."

"She's not your mommy."

Laurie spoke, "I apologize, Phil. Star is fond of Chloe more than your fiancée. It's nice to see Star to feel like she has a mom even for a few moments."

"Phil?" Chloe repeated. It seemed familiar, her eyes were on him, hoping she could get a grasp of that feeling of knowing him. Finally, someone from her past.

"You trust that woman? What if she abducts kids?" Phil argued.

"You think?" Laurie questioned with a smile because she knew deep inside, Phil thought otherwise. "I love your daughter so much, and it was heartwarming to see her with someone like Chloe."