We X Meet X Again

"I'm here! I'm here!" I shout as I ran into the office where the lady was at. I had my backpack slung around my right arm and panting.

"You're alright, honey. He didn't arrive yet. You can go get changed in the back if you want." She says and I nod then I went into the room behind her. I took off my sleeveless white shirt and shorts and put them in my backpack. I then took off the bra I was wearing and put on a white sports bra and black volleyball shorts. I then put on a black jacket then put on my socks and black combat boots. I then looked into a mirror and wrapped a white bandana around my eyes and tied it. I could see perfectly through them then put up my hood.

"I can't forget about you." I say as I pulled out the fake silver cross and put it around my neck.

"Shadow, are you ready?" The woman asks.

"Coming!" I exclaim then I grabbed my backpack and made it disappear to go back home. I then went to the door and opened it. I stood in the doorway and a man with long blonde hair, grey eyes, pale skin, and a blue and gold cover up was standing in front of the woman's desk.

"Kurapika, this will be your observer and companion. She will be with you at all times except when she has to help her friends when they arrive in Yorknew." The woman introduces and I bowed before the man.

"It's nice to meet you, Kurapika." I greet then I stood up and looked at him.

"I am Shadow Verity. Please call me either." I tell him then he nods.

"Un." He says and I sigh.

"He'll be going with an employer that collects ancient body artifacts. That's where you go with him and you'll have to switch back and forth between him and your friends." The woman says and I nod.

"I understand. Shall we leave now, Kurapika?" I suggest and he nods then we leave. I walked next to him and I never felt so awkward before and nervous. Kurapika had feelings for me and took my first kiss.

"Tell me about yourself, Kurapika. I have no one to tell anything." I say to make conversation.

"Why though? Are you doing this to rat me out to your friends?" He asks and I shook my head.

"Īe, I'm doing this to get to know you and I have no communication with my friends until they get here because they do not have phones." I answer and he looks down at me and I look up at him.

"Who are your friends?" He asks.

"Gon Freecss, Shikunay Paradinight-Sakamaki, and Killua Zoldyck." I answer and he looks down at me with his eyes widened.

"How do you know Gon and Killua?" He asks.

"I met them at Heavens Arena. I fought Gon and let him win so he could move onto the 200s." I lie and we both face forward.

"Well, I am the survivor of the Kurta Clan. I went into the Hunter Exam and met Gon, Killua, Shiku's older brother, and a beautiful girl named Aria Sakamaki." Kurapika says and I look up at him and he slightly smiles.

"She was always cheerful and happy, like Gon, but had a difficult childhood. She hates her older brother, Loezen Sakamaki, because they would fight a lot and he abused her. Then her parents disappeared when she was eight years old. Her mom disappeared after they got in a fight and her dad left three months later to find her mom. Then she went into the Hunter Exam and that's where I met her." Kurapika explains and a tear rolled down his cheek.

"As soon as I started talking to her, I fell in love with her. I was her first kiss and she eventually found out that her and Killua were arranged fiancés. It pissed me off when I found that out. She'd rather go save him and be abused then leave him be and actually do what her goal is. What I'm wanting to do is have her fall in love with me and leave Killua and their arranged marriage behind." Kurapika explains as his eyes turned scarlet and I gulped.

"I haven't met her yet. She went home while Killua, Gon, and Shiku were at Heavens Arena." I lie and he sighs.

"The next time you see her, tell her to leave Killua and come to me. He doesn't deserve her." Kurapika requests and I nod.

"I'll try to." I answer.

"Enough about me, what about you?" Kurapika asks and I sigh.

"Well, my parents died when I was six years old from the Phantom Troupe killing them and I want my vengeance for them. When I went to Heavens Arena, I met Gon and Killua and Shiku. I became great friends with them then I fought a man named Hisoka. Then he raped me when he snuck into my room. I wanted to kill myself and jump out of my window and plummet to my death. Now, I'm here and itching to get stronger." I lie (except for the raping part) and Kurapika whistles.

"Yeah, stay away from Hisoka. He's not a good man." Kurapika tells me then I look forward. I refused to look into his eyes and remember what all happened while we were in the Hunter Exam.

"I've always thought it was obvious. I'm in love with you, Ari. I hope you feel the same after that kiss."

No, I'm not going to remember that anymore. That was something that happened and can never be changed. I'm not Clockwork nor am I a time-traveler. I have to face what happened in the past and not allow it to haunt me.

TIME SKIP TO LATER----

"That is, if you can get out alive." The man says then the door busts open and guys with gas suits on broke in and started shooting at us.

"Ready to show me that strength of yours?" Kurapika asks me as him and I stood back-to-back.

"I could ask you the same thing." I tell him then he chuckles.

Kurapika's POV~~~~

"She looks so familiar somehow..."

"The first temptation, upon meeting an old friend after many years, is always to-look the other way."- Ugo Betti