Prologue

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment! I hope you like my fanfiction. ❤️

Arima Kousei, the boy who holds a special place in my heart, the one who ignited my passion for the violin. Being close to him now is bittersweet, as I can't bear to see him in pain.

Within the music room, Kousei covered his ears and let out a tormented scream, tears streaming from his troubled eyes. "I can't go on, Kaori! I can't even hear my own music!"

Kaori attempted to soothe him, but he continued to weep before her. His trembling hands left her concerned, wondering if he could even continue practicing in his current state.

What should I do now?

They were rehearsing for her upcoming violin recital, where she was invited to perform at Towa Hall. It was Kaori who had chosen Kousei to be her accompanist.

Was it right to push him into something that causes him such distress?

Gradually, he regained composure and wiped his tears. "Kaori?"

"Kousei, are you alright? We've practiced enough for now," she assured him, but he clung to her hands, indicating he wanted to continue and apologize for his earlier outburst.

"I'm sorry. Let's start over. I... I don't know what came over me to say something as irresponsible as quitting."

With a smile, Kaori raised her violin to her neck and resumed playing. She cherished their musical collaboration. Standing on stage with him was her dream, even if it meant sacrificing her piano lessons. She envisioned a duet between them.

I'm living my dream.

Despite her selfishness, she hoped Kousei would overcome his traumatic experiences. His mother's death had taken a heavy toll on him, and she recognized the importance of helping him break free from his shell.

I'm being selfish, but Kousei needs someone by his side. I'll keep practicing with him until he conquers his trauma. He's a musician, and he can't simply give up.

After their joint practice session, they decided to halt and attend their classes. However, to Kaori's shock, as Kousei rose from the piano stool, he collapsed on the floor. Panicked, she rushed to his side and found him in terrible condition. His breathing was labored and harsh. She urgently summoned their teachers for assistance.

Fear gripped Kaori, and her tears flowed freely.

Did I push him too hard? I feel guilty for asking him to accompany me on the piano. His struggle to overcome his fear of playing, of not being able to hear his music, is so intense. He recalls his mother's harsh words and actions when he didn't perform well. I want to rescue him from this darkness, to free him from the sea of isolation he's trapped in.

When the teachers arrived, they placed him on a stretcher and rushed him to the clinic. A high school teacher, along with their other instructors, gave her a pointed look before leaving with Kousei.

"Come with us. You should also see the clinic," he advised. She complied, shaken by witnessing Kousei's collapse.

Kousei, you can't be unwell like me, right? You're a prodigy! I long for you to reclaim your brilliance. Arima Kousei... If only I could confess my feelings now, I would. I love you.

A/n: I hope you like this fanfiction! I didn't reverse their roles. I just added a reason why Kousei is losing his hearing. This fanfiction will tackle about the said sickness theorized to be Kaori's sickness. This is my third attempt in making a medical drama. I hope you like it!

Vote and Comment okay? Hope you like this chapter!!!

There will be more upcoming!

Sources: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedreich%27s_ataxia

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/friedreich-ataxia#genes

💖💖💖💖