Chapter Five: Our Shining Hope

A/n: I hope you like my story!!! There will be a bit of change in the anime itself to fit this story.

Two days after he walked out the music room, Kaori found Kousei a bit distant away from her. He still practice his piano with her but she noticed that he doesn't speak that much to her. She had always found him crying alone so bitterly inside the music room.

When Friday came, she woke up from her bed with a bit of surprise when she remembered that Kousei is actually suffering with the same disease that she does have and so, she believed that his words when he walked out could be about his sickness.

He already knows what he is sick with.

Before their performance, she stayed with him inside the piano room while the moonlight is shining over them.

"Arima Kousei!" she spoke out loud to call his attention.

Kousei stared at her. "What is it, Kaori?"

"You're afraid, aren't you?" she asked him. Kousei couldn't even fathom what she's talking about. He's afraid, that is true. His sickness is incurable and that means he does have very little time to spend among his friends and family.

"Yes. I'm afraid," he told her.

"Why are you afraid?" she asked him. "Is it because you do have an incurable disease?"

Her statement surprised him. "How did you know? I never told you about that."

"Arima Kousei, I know what you're sick with since it's also what I am sick with," she replied to him. "I knew it when I saw your medicines in your bag. Forgive me for looking inside it."

He couldn't believe what he heard. He clenched his fists and asked her while his tears fall on the piano keys. "Are you not afraid, Kaori?"

"Why would I be afraid? Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear," she told him."We could fight this sickness together, Kousei. Don't be afraid of it. Fight it. A miracle can always happen. You believe in miracles, right?"

Kousei smiled joyfully. He's thankful that he is with an amazing girl. "Yes. I believe in miracles."

"