Chapter Ten: Just A Friend

A/n: Thank you for all the support I am getting from all of you!!! Arigatou gozaimasu!!!

"I'm finally back home!" screamed Kousei. He laid down his bed and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes when he remembered how Kaori became too much of a mother when he insisted that they become officially a couple in the hospital already. She agreed but after that, she had become strict to him and so caring. He also heard from Tsubaki Sawabe that Kaori had been copying the lectures twice just for him and to teach him in the hospital. She had a terrible fall at home but luckily, she recuperated quickly. 

Arima Kousei truly feels happy that he could feel his legs again and so, he walked straight at his music room and by just staring at his piano, he felt like he wanted to hug it as he missed it so much. He sat on the piano stool and opened the lid. He began touching the keys and played anything he wanted until his father went inside.

"You look happy," he told his son. 

"I'm home. I'm with my piano again. Dad, can I enter the East Japan Music Competition? I plan on taking a test for Okutsu Music School," he asked him. 

Takahiko happily grinned and ruffled his black hair. "You're really planning to be a professional pianist just like your mother. I'll allow you. There's only one condition. You can't come here without Seto Hiroko-san, understood?"

He hugged his father and he happily went back to his room. Spending a lot of time with his father made him change a lot and accept his past, too. It was all thanks to his father and Kaori's efforts to help him get out of his PTSD. 

The next day, he walked at the corridors of his school again where he was met by his friends

The next day, he walked at the corridors of his school again where he was met by his friends. "Welcome back, Kousei."

All four of them had a good time together and spending each other's time together at school. It was also great that Kaori taught him while he was in the hospital as he wasn't that behind that made it easy for him to get new concepts. 

At sports class, he wasn't allowed to run or spend a lot of time in the middle of the sun due to his fragile condition. His teachers were already notified that he does have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It's an incurable disease that involves his heart. It's also one of the diseases that come along Friedreich's Ataxia in which he can't escape. He had no choice to drink the same medications in which Kaori drinks, too.