Chapter Sixteen: Silence

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading my book! ❤️

After Arima Kousei performed in East Japan Piano Competition, Seto Hiroko quickly approached him and took him out of the stage

After Arima Kousei performed in East Japan Piano Competition, Seto Hiroko quickly approached him and took him out of the stage. She's definitely surprised that he's feeling so unwell while she was looking back at him. His father went to get him to bring him back to the hospital, too. Soon, he held on his father while Hiroko was pushing his wheelchair out while Owen worriedly looked at his grandson's weary eyes. "Are you alright, Kousei?"

Kousei nodded. "I just feel tired, grandpa."

His two piano rivals came to congratulate him before they get out of the auditorium.

"You really are a great pianist, Kousei. We can never forget how great you are!" spoke Emi to him which made him happy so much. "I hope you get better soon!"

"You'll always be my hero, Arima Kousei. I was inspired to play the piano because of you. I always wished to be better than you but your legend will always stay with me," Takeshi cried out after seeing how pale he was that time. "Thank you, Kousei-san!"

Their words made him so joyful that at least, even for a few years of his life as a musician, he realized that he was able to reach some people. He cried in his wheelchair tremendously and replied back to them. "If only there will be a time I can feel better again, I will keep on playing the piano endlessly. I don't even know if I will be able to graduate. I hate what I am right now but this is me. I want to make a time machine and go back! Go back to the time I was with Kaori and with my mother."

Everyone around him felt so sad and pitied him. Takahiko hugged his son to comfort him. After a while, they went out of the building with his father, pushing his wheelchair while Seto Hiroko stayed behind to wait for the results. His father couldn't help but pity his son.

Moments later, Kousei fell asleep in the wheelchair at the time they were near their vehicle already. He had also became immediately awate that his son was trying to catch his breath every second.

Owen held Kousei's right hand tight. He was still hurt that his grandson's too sick. "I am sure he played well today, Takahiko. Your son could have had a lot of success if only he didn't have any incurable disease even if he's in so much pain."