Chapter Seventeen: Grief and Sorrow

A/n: So, this story is actually about to end. Four more chapters and I have already finished this fanfic. I wish you keep on reading!!!

 I wish you keep on reading!!!

A week after he arrived in Tokyo Heart and Neurology Center, Arima Kousei woke up on his bed and it seemed, he doesn't remember anything that had happened to him

A week after he arrived in Tokyo Heart and Neurology Center, Arima Kousei woke up on his bed and it seemed, he doesn't remember anything that had happened to him. What he only remember was that he felt he was floating somewhere. He felt so warm and light until his whole spirit was pushed back again inside his earthly body. "What happened to me?"

The needle on his right hand pierced his vein a bit more that earned him to cry out for help. He won the competition but due to his condition, his father never had a chance to tell him that good news. He wasn't even aware that he was already in Tokyo since he was asleep for days since his feeble body kept on forcing his eyes to close. It was all because of the natural pain his disease inflicted on him and also, the side effects of the strong medicines given to him via pills or injection.

Moments later, Seto Hiroko heard him painfully whimper on his bed. She called for a nurse or a doctor after she noticed that his hand's bleeding. His new doctor assigned to him arrived and sat on the stool near his bed and took the needle of the IV fluid off to clean off the wound caused by the needle of his IV. He stopped it from bleeding using a cotton ball and medically wrapped it with a bandage. After his doctor wrapped his wound, he looked at his patient and introduced himself as he put back the eyeglasses on him.

Kousei stared at the young man with silver hair and lab coat. He recognized him as his doctor after he saw him wearing a stethoscope around his neck. He's still pale and very sickly. The dark circle under his eyes prove how much his body's suffering. He's already forgetting what it felt to wear a shirt as he had always been in buttoned pajamas already. He wondered when he will be able to wear the clothes he was so used to when he wasn't still so sick.

"I'm Yutaka Rio. I'm your neurologist here. How do you feel right now?" he asked him.

Arima Kousei wasn't able to respond. Something was blocking him from speaking anything. His throat became watery until he felt nausea.

His doctor immediately gave him a bucket to allow him to vomit.

Tears were falling down his eyes due to the sudden pain spreading all over his nerves while he take off everything he ate from that day. He returned back lying down his head on the pillow after his doctor gave him water to replenish him and help him breathe easily. His body's aching terribly and his heart's thumping fast. Breathing was always a bitter labor due to pins and needles spreading all over his chest. He knew that he might never get used to the pain he had always been subjected on.