Chapter Fourteen: A Helping Hand

A/n: Thank you for following me! Don't forget to vote and comment, okay??? The pain is real. I hate to admit. I cried writing this chapter.

Dedicated to Gajevyfandom-San

It was early morning when Miyazono Kaori left Arima Kousei for a while inside their room for her rehabilitation

It was early morning when Miyazono Kaori left Arima Kousei for a while inside their room for her rehabilitation. His father had just arrived to take care of him but he found out that something terrible happened a few hours later. Kaori didn't even know that Kousei had an accident while she's in rehabilitation. She noticed that she's recovering already while Kousei began walking again. There was a possibility they can be released at the same time but at the time Kousei had his accident in the hospital, his father was told that his son would be confined for longer.

When she went back to check on Kousei in the afternoon, he's asleep while his father is holding his hand tightly. She noticed, too that his head is bandaged. She sat on her bed and watched Kousei inhale and exhale. He doesn't have his glasses on at that time.

"Good afternoon, Miyazono-san," Takahiko greeted her. "You seem to be getting better."

"What about him, sir?" she asked him.

Tears leave Takahiko's eyes. "If only I could take his pain, I will."

His words saddened Kaori. She went beside him and noticed that Kousei is actually really in pain as his face is filled with dried tears and unspoken agony. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at his father who just dried his own tears.

"Dad," he spoke weakly.

He tried sitting up but his head felt like there were needles striking his head that made him lay back down on his pillow.

"You scared me this morning, Kousei. I thought you'll be leaving me already," cried Takahiko.

His eyes widen and tears fell down his eyes, too. "Forgive me, father."

He can't see his father since his eyes are very much blurred. His father put on his eyeglasses to him after he sat up and told him, "You don't need to say sorry, Kousei."