Twenty

"Hold him back!" Crabbe and Goyle had to use all their strength trying to keep the blond from strangling Parkinson. The moment she trudged into the common room along with the other 'attackers' for the first time since the incident- Draco was all over them.

He had stood there with his fists clenched death glaring the group. They were all terrified wondering what horrible ways he could torture them, as if this was already bad enough to them. He looked scary in this moment making everyone whether or not they were involved want to run and hide. The Slytherin Prince wanted to make it very clear to everyone not to mess with his girl or they'd be done for.

Eventually the two let him go, he was more calm now and ready to put his point through.
Even with Pansy desperately trying to apologize he still continued, "if you ever go near her again Parkinson, I will make sure that you will never see these halls again or maybe never live to take another breath."

"I-I'm so sorry Dra-"

"Save it." he hissed, "it doesn't matter whether or not she was my fiancé, all things aside- you almost killed someone. I hope you have fun living with yourself on that one." with one last glare to everyone around him, he confidently strode out of the dungeon.

He needed out before he made any rash decisions. Normally he wouldn't have cared and just laid it on them, but he couldn't go and get in trouble- Grayson could be needing him and he couldn't just be stuck in detention.

Walking down the corridor Draco made his way to the Astronomy Tower where he promised his fiancé he'd meet her. The walk wasn't long, just obnoxious having to get up the stairs.. Once he got to the top he saw her sitting on the ground against the rail, with a book in hand. He smiled sadly at her frail form, ever since that day she seemed so sad and distant.

"Hey.."

"Hi Malfoy."

He walked over and took a seat next to her, "doing okay?"

"Mhmm, I'm really tired though."

"Can I do anything for you?"

Putting her book off to the side she nudged his shoulder jokingly, "Why are you being so nice? Huh?"

"Sheesh, I'm a great guy."

"Only to me that is." she rested her head on his shoulder. He didn't reply but he loosely intertwined their fingers after he kissed the back of her hand.

The two sat together comfortably. They had things to easily talk about but silence was just as nice, they could just sit there not saying a word without any awkwardness. There really was a lot of care between them.

"Can I ask you who that guy was the other day talking to you in the hospital wing..?"

"Oh Bryce? He's a classmate."

"Okay."

"Why?"

"Just curious since I've never seen him before."

"I've only known him for a few days it's no biggie." he squeezed her hand tighter. Draco didn't want to be vocal about it but he hated the idea of another guy befriending her so out of the blue. No new guys should have even been approaching her knowing of her connection to him. But saying something could have possibly upset Grayson- he wasn't sure what kind of mental state she was actually in. If asked about it she wouldn't answer.

"Hey love, will you really tell me how you're doing, actually."

Love? Her heart skipped a beat as that word of endearment slipped off his tongue. It sounded perfect coming from him, "a-actually?"