K

I went up stairs to nilya room. I opened the door and she was laying in her bed on her phone. "What u want punk?" She asked smiling. "well damn that's how u treat u beautiful big sister?" I asked. "nawl but what's up." she said sitting up. "nun but scoot her." I said as I climbed in the bed with her. "Guess who I seem at work." I said smiling. "Mindless behavior?!" she asked with excitement. "eh girl no! Kalvin." I said giggling a lil. "Kalvin??...." she asked confused. "mom boyfriend who always bought us food and clothes." I said giving her hints. "ohhhhhhhhh dad!" she blurted. "dad??!" I asked. "yea ma always said that's dad." I looked at her confused. "but I never believed her." she said again. I looked at nilya for a long time.... "nilya u actually do look like him in face area." I said just now realizing after these years that they did favor. "me huh? u got some features like kalven but u look like ma but with his eyes ." she said I thought for a second could this be our father.. but the dates don't add up. I looked over to nilya smiling at her phone. "what u smiling at?" I asked. "some!" she said locking her phone."do u got a boyfriend?" I asked "yes" she said in a innocent voice. "nilya u bet not be having sex!" I said to her in a serious voice. "what look I'm still a virgin and planning to stay that way and I'm not ready." she said. "good." I said "dayum sure ain't ready to be a moma." she said. "aye watch ur mouth." I told her. "I'm jus saying nicki like I wana be a doctor one day but I can't do that with having a baby," she said. "u right." I said agreeing to her. She smiled at me. "do u really like him?" I asked. "yes alot! he's a real gentlemen and he so cute." I smiled and shook my head. "I love u big head." I said hugging her. "I love u too punk." she said. just then it was a knock at the door. "come in!" nilya yelled. August walked in and I pretend to be upset and watch tv. "umm I got us Chinese food it's down stairs." he said. "ooo Ill be down!" nilya said getting excited. "ight.' I said and he walked out. "why u gotta b so mean." Nilya said. "u don't kno what happened so hursh." I said. "doesn't matter what happen he saved us... u need to count ur blessings." she said walking out. and it just stuck with me. but August was wrong for what he said.