Chapter 17: Aftermath

I knelt by Neptune. Her body slowly regaining its color. Her hand gripped mine slightly.

"S-Seku?" Neptune weakly spoke.

"Neptune!" I smiled, hugging her tightly.

"I was dead, huh?" Neptune gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, you, were." I chuckled, hurting myself. "But, we got you back now. However, you need to heal."

"I wish I could use my heal magic, but that's cheating the system of death. Besides, after betting with the demons, you both have a curse of no magical heals from the divines for a while. So, rest is going to be needed for you both to recover."

"It's okay," I smiled. "I'll get better with Neps!"

"I'm glad to hear that." Neptune closed her eyes, passing out. I couldn't keep my eyes open much longer. My energy was beyond expended. Neptune's scratched up face was the last thing I saw as I slipped into unconsciousness.

***

I woke up in a bed. The light from the sun of a new day filtered in through the blinds, like water escaping a strainer. The warm sun soaked my skin, relaxing my aching, tender muscles. I looked around to see I was alone.

"Where the hell is Neptune?" I said, and tried to sit up. "Shit!" I groaned, feeling a sharp pain. I looked to see my stomach wrapped in long white bandages. My regeneration seemed to be damaged from the fight. Oh well, it would make me stronger after it comes back. It's always seemed to work like that. I couldn't regenerate, I would heal like any normal person, and then my healing factor would end up being faster and more powerful. At least, I hoped that was the case for this. Ratio was somehow able to damage my regeneration. Suddenly, I remembered.

Why did I kill Ratio? To return to my dimension. I waved my hand, and the portal opened. I closed it. Not yet. I wasn't ready to go back. But it wasn't because I was injured. It was because of Neptune and the girls. Mainly Neptune. Speaking of which, where was she? I winced at the intensity of the pain I felt as I stood up from the bed. I coughed up some blood. The cough shook my whole body, killing me with pain. Not literally, or at least I hoped.

I nearly toppled over as I exited the room, but my hand slapped a nearby wall, stopping me. I breathed deeply, and started to slowly walk forward. I realized now I was in Planeptune. More specifically, Neptune's tower. I remembered all those days ago, when I first got here, I slept in that room I jut got out of. I headed towards Neptune's room.

As I got closer, my heart bested faster and faster. The feeling was unnatural to me; nervousness. I now knew how she felt. She did say she loved me. And I'm certain I love her too.

'I guess it's just been a while before we just hung out.' I thought. My hand rested on her door. I wondered if she was sleeping. It'd be an adorable sight. I smirked as I gently pushed open the door. Neptune laid on her bed, her back facing me.

"Neps?" I said dryly. I got a small murmur as a reply. She was awake. "It's Seku."

"I know," Neptune said. Her voice seemed distant. She seemed tired.

"How are ya holding up?" I asked.

"Okay, I guess." Neptune said. She hadn't turned to face me. She shivered slightly, probably cold. I noticed the blankets around her. I slowly moved towards her and helped cover her body with the blankets. "Thanks." I heard her murmur. "How have you been?"

"Meh." I sighed. "I've been better."

"You haven't came down to visit me in the past three days." Neptune said. I was shocked.